An Atypical ASP.NET Core 5 Design Patterns Guide
A SOLID adventure into architectural principles, design patterns, .NET 5, and C#
About the Book
A .NET developer’s guide to crafting robust, maintainable, and flexible web apps by leveraging C# 9 and .NET 5 features and component-scale and application-scale design patterns
- Apply software design patterns effectively, starting small and progressing to cloud-scale
- Discover modern application architectures such as vertical slice, clean architecture, and event-driven microservices
- Explore ASP.NET design patterns, from options to full-stack web development using Blazor
Design patterns are a set of solutions to many of the common problems occurring in software development. Knowledge of these design patterns helps developers and professionals to craft software solutions of any scale.
ASP.NET Core 5 Design Patterns starts by exploring basic design patterns, architectural principles, dependency injection, and other ASP.NET Core mechanisms. You’ll explore the component scale as you discover patterns oriented toward small chunks of the software, and then move to application-scale patterns and techniques to understand higher-level patterns and how to structure the application as a whole. The book covers a range of significant GoF (Gangs of Four) design patterns such as strategy, singleton, decorator, facade, and composite. The chapters are organized based on scale and topics, allowing you to start small and build on a strong base, the same way that you would develop a program. With the help of use cases, the book will show you how to combine design patterns to display alternate usage and help you feel comfortable working with a variety of design patterns. Finally, you’ll advance to the client side to connect the dots and make ASP.NET Core a viable full-stack alternative.
By the end of the book, you’ll be able to mix and match design patterns and have learned how to think about architecture and how it works.
What you will learn
- Apply the SOLID principles for building flexible and maintainable software
- Get to grips with .NET 5 dependency injection
- Work with GoF design patterns such as strategy, decorator, and composite
- Explore the MVC patterns for designing web APIs and web applications using Razor
- Discover layering techniques and tenets of clean architecture
- Become familiar with CQRS and vertical slice architecture as an alternative to layering
- Understand microservices, what they are, and what they are not
- Build ASP.NET UI from server-side to client-side Blazor
Who this book is for
This design patterns book is for intermediate-level software and web developers with some knowledge of .NET who want to write flexible, maintainable, and robust code for building scalable web applications. Knowledge of C# programming and an understanding of web concepts like HTTP is necessary.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now