Agile Security Operations
Agile Security Operations
About the Book
Get to grips with security operations through incident response, the ATT&CK framework, active defense, and agile threat intelligence
- Explore robust and predictable security operations based on measurable service performance
- Learn how to improve the security posture and work on security audits
- Discover ways to integrate agile security operations into development and operations
Agile security operations allow organizations to survive cybersecurity incidents, deliver key insights into the security posture of an organization, and operate security as an integral part of development and operations. It is, deep down, how security has always operated at its best.
Agile Security Operations will teach you how to implement and operate an agile security operations model in your organization. The book focuses on the culture, staffing, technology, strategy, and tactical aspects of security operations. You'll learn how to establish and build a team and transform your existing team into one that can execute agile security operations. As you progress through the chapters, you’ll be able to improve your understanding of some of the key concepts of security, align operations with the rest of the business, streamline your operations, learn how to report to senior levels in the organization, and acquire funding.
By the end of this Agile book, you'll be ready to start implementing agile security operations, using the book as a handy reference.
What you will learn
- Get acquainted with the changing landscape of security operations
- Understand how to sense an attacker’s motives and capabilities
- Grasp key concepts of the kill chain, the ATT&CK framework, and the Cynefin framework
- Get to grips with designing and developing a defensible security architecture
- Explore detection and response engineering
- Overcome challenges in measuring the security posture
- Derive and communicate business values through security operations
- Discover ways to implement security as part of development and business operations
Who this book is for
This book is for new and established CSOC managers as well as CISO, CDO, and CIO-level decision-makers. If you work as a cybersecurity engineer or analyst, you'll find this book useful. Intermediate-level knowledge of incident response, cybersecurity, and threat intelligence is necessary to get started with the book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now