Django 3 - Full Stack Websites with Python Web Development
Use Django 3 to build 3 stunning websites, learn back- and front-end web development, deploy your site with HTML5, CSS3, and Bootstrap 4
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
This course is for anyone who wants to work with Python, especially for web applications or web design, and wants to learn the Django framework. We have a section at the beginning of the course called The Python Refresher to get you up to speed in no time.
Django is an amazing framework for web developers because it provides the infrastructure required for database-driven websites that have user authentication, content administration, contact forms, file uploads, and more.
In this course, we will be using Django 3 to build 3 stunning websites. This will help you learn Django and implement it in your projects. We will also use Python, so if you have never used it before, we will start with a Python refresher to get you up to speed.
We will then dive into making three complete websites:
1) Password Generator: A simple website to create a random password with several options
2) Personal Portfolio: Create your own portfolio to show to potential employers showing off your resume, previous projects, and a fully functional blog
3) Todo Woo: A website where a user can sign up for an account, and fully manage a Todo list with the ability to create, edit, and delete
We will also walk through Git, which is an awesome tool for developers that allows creating multiple versions of the code. Additionally, we will learn how to publish our projects live.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to use Django to create your own websites and deploy them on a server.
The code bundle for this course is available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Django-3-Full-Stack-Websites-with-Python-Web-Development
What will you learn in this course:
- Understand Django basics such as function base views, URL routing, and models
- Create a random password generating website
- Create your own personal portfolio site
- Create a fully functional Todo list manager website where users can login
- Work with static and media files, and forms
- Publish your website online with PythonAnywhere
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Some Python knowledge is helpful but not required.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Course Introduction 03:09 03:09
- Welcome to the Course 04:35 04:35
Site 1 - Password Generator
Site 2 - Personal Portfolio
Deployment - Pushing Your Site Live for the World to Enjoy
Site 3 - Todo Woo
What's New in Django 3
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now