- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Distinguish between EBIT and net income.
The major differences between EBIT and net income are as follows −
EBIT (Earnings before Interest and Taxes)
It evaluates profits earned through an entity.
An operating income earned by an entity before adjustments (interests and taxes) is EBIT.
The main purpose is to determine profit earning of an entity.
EBIT can be defined as difference between revenue and operating expense (or) sum of net income, interest and taxes (or) difference between Earnings Before Interest Tax Depreciation and Amortisation (EBITA) and depreciation, amortisation expenses
It is used by governments, equity holders and debt holders.
Interest and expenses incurred are not considered.
Cost of operating business is ignored.
Operating expenses are considered.
Net income (Ni)
It determines total profits made by an entity.
It is the final income made by an entity after adjustments.
The main purpose is to calculate EPS (Earning per share) of an entity
Net income is defined as difference between revenue and cost of operating business (or) difference between EBT and tax expense (or) difference between total revenues and total expenses.
It is used by equity holders.
Interest and taxes incurred are considered.
Cost of operating business is considered.
Operating expenses are not considered.
- Related Articles
- Write the difference between Net operating income and net income.
- Compare EBIT and operating income.
- Write the difference between EBITDA and net income.
- Differentiate between EBIT AND EBITDA.
- Difference between EBIT and Revenue
- Net Income Approach of Valuing a Firm
- Difference between EBIT and Cash Flow
- Difference between EBIT and Gross Profit
- Explain Net operating income theory of capital structure.
- Describe about net income approach in capital structure.
- Difference between Personal Income and Personal Disposable Income
- Difference between Disposable and Discretionary Income
- Distinguish between profitability and liquidity.
- Distinguish between entrepreneurship and management.
- Distinguish between GST and SST