Developing AutoCAD Plugins using VB.NET with Windows Forms
This course will teach you how to develop AutoCAD Plugins using VB.NET with Windows Forms.
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
In this course, you will learn how to develop AutoCAD Plugins using VB.NET with Windows Forms. You will be presented 6 hands-on projects to learn from. By the time you finish this course, you will be able to create your own AutoCAD Plugins with User Interfaces that automate AutoCAD processes for your drawings.
The following Projects will be developed in this course:
1) DrawRectangle - This project is a very simple one but it gives you all the basic knowledge you need to know to use Windows Forms in your plugin.
2) AutomateUpdateLayer - This project will introduce you to processing multiple drawings and updating the layer for each drawing automatically based on the user input from the UI.
3) AutomaticBlockExtractor - This project will let you extract block information into a file. This also processes multiple drawing files in a selected folder.
4) AutomateUpdateTextstyles - This project will let you process multiple drawing files and update the text style of each drawing based on the information provided in the user interface.
5) MultiplePlotToPDF - This project will let you plot multiple drawings into a PDF. This will process individual drawing in the folder and convert it to PDF automatically.
6) MultiObjectExtractor - This project will process each drawing in a folder and extract each of the object (e.g. Line, Pline, MText, etc.) into a file automatically.
The source code is provided and included in this course and you can use and tweak it according to your requirement.
What will you learn in this course:
- Learn how to develop AutoCAD Plug-ins using Windows Forms by developing real world applications
- Learn how to design User Interfaces
- Learn about Event-Driven Programming
- Learn how to use different User Controls (Label, Textbox, Button, Listbox, ComboBox, GroupBox
- Learn how to code behind the Form (e.g. Events, Methods and Classes)
- Learn how to automate processing AutoCAD Drawings
- Develop multiple projects and be comfortable with programming AutoCAD using VB dot NET
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of VBNET is essential but not necessary
- Basic knowledge of Computer Programming
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Course Outline 02:30 02:30
- Introduction 04:55 04:55
- Who is this course for? 04:20 04:20
- Tools Needed for this Course
What will you learn from this Course?
Windows Form and Controls
Arnold HiguitSr. Software Developer
A Sr. Software Developer and a Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) and Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD) with extensive knowledge on different technology in different industries.
I have worked on several companies ranging from Architectural, Engineering & Construction, Utilities, Marketing, Telecommunications, and now in Financial Corporation.
I have been exposed to many different Technologies and Frameworks and Programming Languages. Developing applications using C#, Java, AutoLISP, VB/VBA, GIS and CAD Applications. I also worked on many different Enterprise Databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase).
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now