Delegation without Stress: What Managers Need to Know
Use Delegation to Multiply your Effectiveness, Build Team Resilience, and Increase Motivation in your Team
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
I was a manager myself, so I know the challenge of getting the best from my team members – using their time well, keeping them motivated, and developing new skills.
And I also know the pressures on your time, now you have more responsibilities.
The solution to both is... Delegation.
It doesn’t matter how good you are at doing stuff: once you become a manager or supervisor, you need to be able to delegate.
And that’s what you’ll learn by the end of this course.
You'll be able to delegate with the confidence that the task is under control.
What you'll get
You’ll get 18 lecture modules and 7 assignments, going deep into the craft of delegation.
so you’ll be able to delegate precisely and with confidence that the work will be done…
And done well.
A lot of your learning will come from exercises.
They are short 'thinking' exercises, that will help you find a lot of the answers for yourself.
I will brief you by video on each exercise.
And then I'll debrief you in a second video lecture. In that, I'll share the best answers I have, for each of the questions I set you.
This course has five sections
In the Introductory section, we’ll talk about
what delegation is
how to avoid reverse delegation, where you end up doing the work your team members are supposed to be doing for you.
A lot of new managers, supervisors, team leaders, and project managers find it hard to delegate.
They give all sorts of reasons why they don’t do it.
So, in section 2, we’ll look at those excuses, and why they are bogus.
Delegation is a powerful organizational tool.
But only when used for the right reasons.
In section 3, we’ll look at:
the positive reasons to delegate,
the reasons you should never use for delegation, and
the tasks that you should keep to yourself, and not delegate at all.
Section 4 is the main part of this course.
You’ll learn the five-step process for delegating effectively, and we’ll tear down each step to understand how it works.
Finally, in section 5, we’ll wrap it all up.
Who I designed this course for
This course is designed for you if:
You are a new manager, supervisor or team leader
… or you hope to be
You have some experience, but need a refresher on delegating
If you hope to succeed in management and want to make a rapid start
… and if you are unlikely to get all the support and advice that you want from your colleagues and your organization.
If this sounds like you, and if you are ready to start succeeding as a leader, enroll now by clicking the button. I look forward to working with you.
Prior Experience The only prior experience you need is working life. But, if you have management, supervisory, or team leading experience, you'll find it even easier!
Your Tutor Your tutor is Dr. Mike Clayton. As a senior project, program and change manager at the international consulting firm, Deloitte, Mike led large and complex change projects for his clients.
Now, as a trainer and facilitator, he has been applying what he learned and teaching it to others. This course represents 15 years' experience of what tools students find most helpful, and 25 years experience in business, managing change, large and small.
Enroll Now Enroll for this course now, so you can start to regain control of your life straight away.
Who this course is for:
- You are a new manager, supervisor or team leader
- … or you hope to be
- You have some experience, but need a refresher on delegating
- If you hope to succeed in management and want to make a rapid start
- … and if you are unlikely to get all the support and advice that you want from your colleagues and your organization
What will you learn in this course:
- Quite simply,you will be able to delegate with confidence
- You'll understand the blockers to delegation
- ...and be able to overcome them
- You'll know the delegation process
- ...and be comfortable applying each step
- You'll get more from your team - so, they will be more productive
- You'll get more time for yourself - so, you'll be more productive too
- Your team will be more resilient and better able to cope when you're away
- Your team will be better motivated
- And you'll prepare them for promotion
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- You need no prior knowledge to take this course
- But, some experience of working life will put this course into context
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- How to Delegate workbook Promo 02:08 02:08
- Welcome to Your Course 03:27 03:27
- Delegation or Allocation: What is Delegation? 03:51 03:51
- Reverse Delegation: How your Team ends-up Delegating to You 05:20 05:20
Why People in Your Role find it Hard to Delegate
How to Delegate
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now