Day-to-Day Leadership that Gets Results
How to Select and Apply the Right Leadership Style for Every Situation
Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -1.5 hours
At the end of this course, you will be able to lead your team well… and to do so with confidence.
You will be ready to take your place as an effective leader in your organization.
In this course, you’ll get over 30 modules, covering all the basics of how to lead people day-to-day. They apply equally whether you are working in a corporation, small business, not-for-profit or the public sector. And yes, this approach will also work well when leading community projects and in social settings.
This course is designed to be a practical introduction to Leadership.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
Identify what each individual needs, to succeed in their role
Choose which one of your simple and effective leadership styles will work best
Apply day-to-day leadership with minimum friction and fuss
Set clear and easy-to-follow goals
Give motivating and developmental feedback
Apply your skills to lead your team as a whole team
Along the way, you’ll do six practice exercises that will test and develop your skills.
So, by the end of the course, you’ll have transformed your ability to get results.
This course is designed for you if:
You are a new manager, supervisor or team leader
… or you hope to be
You have some experience, but need a refresher and some new tools
If you know you are good at your technical or functional role, but fear you have not had enough training in the craft of leadership
If you hope to succeed in leadership and want to make a rapid start
… and if you are unlikely to get all the support and advice that you want from your colleagues and your organization.
If this sounds like you, and if you are ready to start succeeding as a leader, enroll now by clicking the button.
I look forward to working with you.
Your Tutor: Dr Mike Clayton
Your tutor is Dr. Mike Clayton. As a senior manager at the international consulting firm, Deloitte, Mike had to lead project staff, colleagues, and clients day-to-day. But more important, as a senior representative of his firm and a program leader, he needed to get the very best from everyone around him.
Now, as a trainer and facilitator, he has been applying what he learned and teaching it to others. This course represents 15 years' experience of what tools students find most helpful, and 25 years experience in business; managing and leading individuals and teams.
Your Unconditional, No-questions, 30-Day Guarantee
Enrol for this course now, so you can start to lead people effectively, straight away.
Who this course is for:
- A new project manager, or project team leader
- ...or someone who hopes to be a new project manager, or project team leader
- You have some experience of Day-to-Day Leadership, but need a refresher and some new tools
- You are good at your technical or functional role, but fear you have not had enough training in the craft of leadership
- You hope to succeed in leadership and want to make a rapid start
- … and if you are unlikely to get all the support and advice that you want from your colleagues and your organization.
What will you learn in this course:
- Identify what each individual needs, to succeed in their role
- Choose which one of your simple and effective leadership styles will work best
- Apply day-to-day leadership with minimum friction and fuss
- Set clear and easy-to-follow goals
- Give motivating and developmental feedback
- Apply your skills to leading your team as a whole team
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- You won't need any tools or equipment to put these ideas into action
- I recommend you print out the workbook and use it to record your exercises
- ...so, you'll need a pen or pencil, I guess.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Introduction to this Course
- Day-to-Day Leadership Promo 03:32 03:32
- Introduction to Leadership Styles 03:00 03:00
- Exercise 1: What Concerns You Most about Leading Your People? 00:59 00:59
- The Leadership Challenges before You 02:05 02:05
- The Three Types of Leadership Model 04:38 04:38
Introduction to Situational Leadership
A Practical Model for Day-to-Day Leadership
The Skills for Day-to-Day Leadership Styles
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now