Database And Hibernate Performance Tuning For Java Developers
Get the maximum speed of database operations from your Hibernate application.
Updated on Dec, 2023
Language - English
Duration -4 hours
Have you heard an opinion that applications using Hibernate are slow? For sure you did! I have heard that as well. And it is often true.
Fortunately, that are some simple actions that you can take to speed it up. You just need to understand how a database engine works and how Hibernate uses it, then you can build efficient high performing Java applications.
In this course, I will teach you the most important aspects of database engines' performance - I will use MySQL, but these rules apply to most relational database engines: SQL Server, Oracle, and PostgreSQL. I will give you important tips and tricks on how to solve common performance problems with Hibernate.
Don't let your next Java app be slow, enroll in this course now.
What will you learn in this course:
After completing this course, you will know how to:
- Approach optimization of Java applications, that use Hibernate with relational databases.
- Use Query Execution Plan.
- Choose the best data types and avoid type conversions in SQL queries.
- Implement Java enums in Hibernate and a database.
- Trace down Hibernate performance issues.
- Win a battle with common Hibernate challenges: the n+1 problem, aggregations, paging.
- Balance flexible vs optimized architecture.
- Use database indexes.
- Optimize database transactions through Hibernate.
- Use Hibernate without managed entities when necessary.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
In the course, I assume you:
- have at least basic SQL knowledge, you should know how to create simple SQL queries,
- are a Java developer and you developed at least one project with Hibernate,
- have Java 15 installed, your favorite IDE (I use IntelliJ in the course)
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Performance optimization intro
- Premature optimization intro 04:55 04:55
- Order of actions 11:36 11:36
- Who is responsible 05:25 05:25
- Course plan 03:57 03:57
Basic Hibernate tuning
Basic query tuning
I believe I have a unique combination of skills: database, backend and frontend which makes me a valuable consultant and instructor.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now