Data Analysis 101
Getting to the heart of performance data
Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -2 hours
We accountants have some very sophisticated data analysis tools at our disposal, and it’s fun to experiment with the advanced formulae available in Excel and other programs.
However, data analysis is an iterative process and it is important to start with some simple analysis tools to highlight the key issues in the data before exploring those issues with more advanced tools.
That’s where this course – Data Analysis 101 - comes in. This course covers the four basic tools of data analysis that everyone working in an organisation should know. These four tools will help you carry out the initial filtering of performance data in order to highlight the important trends and issues. Often these tools are not covered adequately in business or finance training and this course will give you a good grounding in these simple but immensely useful analysis tools.
Advanced analysis is often difficult to understand for people who are not finance or data experts. Using simple tools to draw out the main points in performance data will improve engagement with the data and will help drive discussions about the appropriate actions to take, rather than heated discussions about what the analysis actually means.
This course will help you get to the heart of understanding the performance data in your organisation, and it will help you present that information to others in the organisation so that the decisions made, and the actions taken, address the real issues affecting performance.
I hope you enjoy the course.
Who this course is for:
- Business managers
- Accounting students
- Finance staff
What will you learn in this course:
- Principles of Process Management
- An Introduction to Performance Data: Tools for Data Analysis that Works
- Understanding Variation
- The Control Chart: Highlighting the variation in data
- Control Chart Special Cases
- Interpreting the Control Chart
- Strategies to deal with Special Cause and Common Cause Variation
- Using Data to Drive Improvement
- A Structure for Performance Management
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- There are no pre-course requirements
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Data Analysis 101
- Agenda and Principles of Process Management 06:28 06:28
- The Voice of the Process 04:35 04:35
- Working as One Team for Improvement 04:18 04:18
- Exercise: The Voice of the Customer 03:05 03:05
- Tools for Data Analysis 07:10 07:10
- The Pareto Chart 02:51 02:51
- The Histogram 02:45 02:45
- The Run Chart 03:47 03:47
- Exercise: Presenting Performance Data 04:42 04:42
- Understanding Variation 06:05 06:05
- The Control Chart 06:16 06:16
- Control Chart Example 04:05 04:05
- Control Chart Special Cases 06:13 06:13
- Interpreting the Control Chart 09:42 09:42
- Control Chart Exercise 07:22 07:22
- Strategies to Deal with Variation 05:38 05:38
- Using Data to Drive Improvement 13:48 13:48
- A Structure for Performance Measurement 05:59 05:59
- Data Analysis Exercise 05:39 05:39
- Course Project 03:17 03:17
- Test your Understanding 16:36 16:36
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now