Creative writing for kids: write a spy story
Learn creative writing at home / homeschool for children, kids and young adults
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
In this compact and energetic course, English teacher and author Luke Richardson guides students through writing their own spy story. Whether your child is learning as part of a homeschool curriculum or just for fun, this course will get them writing a thrilling spy story.
As part of the course, students will learn to:
- develop well-rounded characters
- think carefully about language choices
- create mystery in their writing
- understand tense and perspectives
- plan the “beats” of their story
- learn some new “spy vocabulary”
- edit their work
- enjoy writing and have fun!
Included in the course is a comprehensive workbook which contains all the story excerpts studied, structured activities to help learning and pictures to stimulate ideas.
Homeschool or a weekend of creativity
This course has everything you need for a homeschool creative writing topic or an engaging weekend activity. With short, engaging lectures and enjoyable writing activities, students will develop their creativity, hone their writing skills and may begin to pen a great spy thriller!
Here's what previous students say about Luke Richardson's courses:
â˜…â˜…â˜…â˜…â˜… "Well paced course for kids. Each section is just the right size to engage and challenge."
â˜…â˜…â˜…â˜…â˜… "It was really fun and the amazing planning helped me write the story."
â˜…â˜…â˜…â˜…â˜… "Thank you, the kids really enjoyed it and wrote something great."
â˜…â˜…â˜…â˜…â˜… "I have needed this class for a long time. Thank you so much Luke Richardson for taking the time to teach this course… I am learning so much."
â˜…â˜…â˜…â˜…â˜… "I can't thank Luke Richardson enough for this course. My little boy hates writing with a passion, and I was a desperate mum when I bumped into the course. I am so impressed, please pretty please can we have some more?"
â˜…â˜…â˜…â˜…â˜… "The course will seriously start my writing career!"
Full 30-day money-back guarantee
And unlike your child's upcoming spy thriller story, there's no risk here! If you don't like this course you can get your money back with no questions asked.
What will you learn in this course:
- To enjoy writing and have fun!
- To write well-rounded characters
- To be creative with word choices
- To create mystery in writing
- To understand tense and perspectives
- To plan the "beats" of your story
- To edit your work
- And, ultimately, begin to write a great spy thriller!
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- You must be able to read and write in English at a good standard to benefit from this course.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Write a spy thriller!
- Introduction (workbook is attached to this lecture) 08:42 08:42
- Designing our hero 12:53 12:53
- Designing our villain 08:12 08:12
- Villainous verbs 12:13 12:13
- Tense and perspective 16:33 16:33
- Making mystery 13:07 13:07
- Spy story structure 08:34 08:34
- Spy story setting 14:57 14:57
- Editing 16:34 16:34
- Thank you 02:04 02:04
- Luke answers your questions about writing and his creative process 12:46 12:46
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now