- Computer Concepts Tutorial
- Computer Concepts - Home
- Introduction to Computer
- Introduction to GUI based OS
- Elements of Word Processing
- Spread Sheet
- Introduction to Internet, WWW, Browsers
- Communication & Collaboration
- Application of Presentations
- Application of Digital Financial Services
- Computer Concepts Resources
- Computer Concepts - Quick Guide
- Computer Concepts - Useful Resources
- Computer Concepts - Discussion
Computer Concepts - Manipulation of Cells
Manipulation of cells is entering and modifying the contents of the cells.
Entering Text, Numbers and Dates
In this topic, we are going to learn how to enter text.
Place cursor in the cell where you want to enter text.
Type the contents or texts in that cell.
Num Lock (to "on" or "off" Number keypad) can be used to make data entry easy. To enter numeric values in the spreadsheet, follow the below steps −
Open a new worksheet.
Enter the number you would like to add.
Fill the complete numeric data in different cells.
Press Esc when you have completed entering your data.
Returns the sequential serial number that represents a particular date. Cell format remains normal before function gets entered in the cell. Result is formatted as a date, once the function gets executed.
DATE (year, month, date)
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started