- Computer Concepts Tutorial
- Computer Concepts - Home
- Introduction to Computer
- Introduction to GUI based OS
- Elements of Word Processing
- Spread Sheet
- Introduction to Internet, WWW, Browsers
- Communication & Collaboration
- Application of Presentations
- Application of Digital Financial Services
- Computer Concepts Resources
- Computer Concepts - Quick Guide
- Computer Concepts - Useful Resources
- Computer Concepts - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Data Processing & Data Processing Stages
Data processing is a process of converting raw facts or data into a meaningful information.
Stages of Data Processing
Data processing consists of following 6 stages −
Collection of data refers to gathering of data. The data gathered should be defined and accurate.
Preparation is a process of constructing a dataset of data from different sources for future use in processing step of cycle.
Input refers to supply of data for processing. It can be fed into computer through any of input devices like keyboard, scanner, mouse, etc.
The process refers to concept of an actual execution of instructions. In this stage, raw facts or data is converted to meaningful information.
Output and Interpretation
In this process, output will be displayed to user in form of text, audio, video, etc. Interpretation of output provides meaningful information to user.
In this process, we can store data, instruction and information in permanent memory for future reference.