CompTIA Security+ SY0-601: The Total Course
Your guide to prepare and clear the CompTIA Security+ Certification SY0-601 exam
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Excel in the CompTIA Security+ Certification SY0-601 exam by taking this course, which deep dives into the various concepts of risk management and kinds of risk involved, and the various security standards such as PCI DSS and the Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM) define what types of security controls to put in place to mitigate risk, both on-premises and in the cloud.
Learn about data protection and the various cryptographic methods used to protect the critical keys in cryptography that keep communication secure. The course also reviews different types of certificates including web, email, code-signing, machine/computer, and user. Explore the 3 As—authentication, authorization, and accounting/auditing, which play a big role in IT security.
Tracking activity through auditing provides accountability for access to resources such as files on a file server or database rows. Learn about securing dedicated systems using IoT. IoT devices are function-specific and can communicate over the Internet. Examples include environmental control devices, medical devices, and video surveillance systems. This episode also covers the ZigBee smart home automation protocol.
Wrap up the course by understanding data backup; backing up data provides availability in the event of data deletion, corruption, or encryption through ransomware. This episode discusses backup settings such as compression and encryption, as well as full, differential, and incremental backup types.
All resources are placed here: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/CompTIA-Security-Certification-SY0-601-The-Total-Course
This course is intended for anyone that is preparing for an IT security position or looking to improve their security skills and become CompTIA Security+ Certified.
What will you learn in this course:
- Understand about risk management, threats, and vulnerabilities
- Learn the basics of cryptography and the various cryptographic methods
- Learn about Identity and account management
- Learn about network authentication
- Learn about malware and the various kinds of attacks on the system
- Learn about mobile device deployment and hardening
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- However, it goes beyond that and will give you the skills you need to be a better security tech on the job.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Promo 00:42 00:42
- Introduction 02:35 02:35
- About the Security+ (SY0-601) Exam 03:07 03:07
- Defining Risk 08:23 08:23
- Threats and Vulnerabilities 07:04 07:04
- Threat Intelligence 10:59 10:59
- Risk Management Concepts 07:24 07:24
- Security Controls 09:23 09:23
- Risk Assessments and Treatments 05:44 05:44
- Quantitative Risk Assessments 06:38 06:38
- Qualitative Risk Assessments 03:54 03:54
- Business Impact Analysis 09:18 09:18
- Data Types and Roles 11:29 11:29
- Security and the Information Life Cycle 09:03 09:03
- Data Destruction 06:04 06:04
- Personnel Risk and Policies 10:22 10:22
- Third-Party Risk Management 08:29 08:29
- Agreement Types 06:31 06:31
- Chapter 1 Exam Question Review 01:42 01:42
- Wiping Disks with the dd Command Lab 05:42 05:42
- Chapter 1 Ask Me Anything (AMA) 02:16 02:16
Identity and Account Management
Tools of the Trade
Securing Individual Systems
The Basic LAN
Securing Wireless LANs
Securing Public Servers
Securing Dedicated Systems
Securing Dedicated Systems-2
Dealing with Incidents
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now