Compact MBA: How to Develop Business Strategy

person icon Saptarshi Bhattacharyya

Compact MBA: How to Develop Business Strategy

Essential Management Consulting

updated on icon Updated on Oct, 2023

language icon Language - English

person icon Saptarshi Bhattacharyya

architecture icon Business Strategy,Business Process Management,Management

Lectures -8

Resources -1

Duration -1 hours


30-days Money-Back Guarantee

Training 5 or more people ?

Get your team access to 19,000+ top Tutorialspoint courses anytime, anywhere.

Course Description

This is a very practical course. It does not dwell on unnecessary academic concepts and cuts to the chase. 

90% of what we learn in an MBA program is somewhat academic and is not used in practice. This course focuses on the other 10%. 

The course provide the bare-bone essentials of management strategy from the perspective of strategy consultants. It also provides what are the typical roles and responsibilities of strategy professionals in large and well managed organizations. At the end the students need to do a case study / project using the tools learnt in the course. 

The course starts with basic strategy fundamentals. Then spends a considerable amount of time on strategic framework, under which all corporate and business strategies are developed. 

Within the strategic framework it shows how to do various types and commonly used analyses ( such as SWOT, Five Forces, Growth-Market Share Matrix, 7S Framework, Value Chain Analysis, Market Assessment, PESTLE etc.), in order to decide what sort of strategic moves the company should make. Then it briefly talks about the difference between corporate and business strategy, implementation and programs. Then under performance measurement the students learn what is Balanced Scorecard and how to develop it. The final section of the course describes and list of roles and responsibilities taken up by strategy professionals in large and well-managed organizations. 


What will you learn in this course:

  • How to develop corporate strategy and business strategy for a large company
  • Absolute bare bone essentials of strategy consulting
  • Key tools to analyze the internal situation and external environment in which a company operates
  • Key roles and responsibilities of strategy professionals


What are the prerequisites for this course?

  • Basic knowledge of key business functions like sales, marketing, operations, finance etc. are all that is needed as a prerequisite.
Compact MBA: How to Develop Business Strategy


Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course

How to develop business strategy
7 Lectures
  • play icon Introduction 02:03 02:03
  • play icon Strategy Fundamentals 07:57 07:57
  • play icon Strategic Framework: Part 1 15:23 15:23
  • play icon Strategic FRamework: Part 2 15:23 15:23
  • play icon Business Unit Strategy 07:50 07:50
  • play icon Measurement 08:18 08:18
  • play icon Strategy in Practice 08:37 08:37
Strategy Exercise
1 Lectures

Instructor Details

Saptarshi Bhattacharyya

Saptarshi Bhattacharyya

Make Better Decisions

Sapta is a global management consultant and cogitative science specialist from US and managing partner at decision science company Picture Queen. He has over 25 years’ experience in engineering, business management and management consulting. He worked with two Fortune 500 companies in US, Corning Inc. & Amphenol Corporation, in engineering & business management respectively. Afterwards he joined management consulting and worked with California based Frost & Sullivan, where he advised many large and medium-sized organizations in US, Middle East, India & South Africa, in areas of Business Decision Making and Problem Solving. Sapta set-up an Indian subsidiary of US Conglomerate Amphenol Corporation. Sapta holds a BS in Engineering from India, and an MS and MBA from US.

Course Certificate

User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.

sample Tutorialspoint certificate

Our students work
with the Best

Related Video Courses

View More

Annual Membership

Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video Courses

Subscribe now
People having fun around a laptop

Online Certifications

Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.

Explore Now
People having fun around a laptop

Talk to us