Building Structures in German - Structure 2
Learn about how the German language is put together by breaking it down into its different sentence structures.
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
The whole of the German language can be broken down into several different structures. If you take any sentence from any German book or any utterance, you will see that it fits into one of these structures.
I remember one weekend, I was writing some lessons for the week ahead, when I suddenly realised this. I noticed that there are a certain number of structures in German, and that every sentence follows one of these structures. I spent the rest of the weekend working out all the structures, and I wrote them all down.
Every structure you learn gives you the ability to say a huge amount. Some structures are used more than others, but all the structures together make up the whole German language. Once you’ve learnt how a structure works, all you have to do is insert different words into the slots and you have a sentence.
This course introduces you to structure 2. I’ve limited each course to one structure so as not to overburden you. By looking at just one structure at a time, you can really get to grips with it and understand its usage. It will help to clarify the German language and make it more like a reflex rather than something you have to think about as is it were a maths equation.
Each structure can also help to propel you to fluency; if you can manipulate the structures at high speed, you can start to say anything you want without having to thing about how to say it.
This course contains plenty of practice opportunities for you to revise what you’ve learnt and it also contains some hints and tips on how best to learn and memorise the structures and the vocabulary that goes with them. You’ll learn how to make questions out of structure 2, how to make statements and how to turn positive statements negative.
The Building Structures in German series is set out using the same learning techniques as the 3 Minute German courses. You can work through the course in three minute chunks, enabling anybody to learn German, no matter how little time you have.
Who this course is for:
- You want to explore the German language a little more deeply.
- You are interested in starting to learn about the next structure of the German language and how to manipulate it.
- You enjoy the 3 minute methodology used in other 3 Minute German courses.
- You enjoyed learning about the first structure and would like to learn about the next structure in German.
What will you learn in this course:
- Learn about the second structure in the German language.
- Get to grips with how easy it is to manipulate this structure and say what you want with it.
- Get plenty of opportunity to practise using this structure.
- Learn how to form questions and statements in structure 2 in both the positive and negative.
- Complete lessons in 3 minute chunks – perfect for the busy learner.
- Build your own sentences without memorisation.
- Get more familiar with the present tense in German.
- Speak from the very first lesson.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Ideally, you should be a little familiar already with the German language, but if you're not, panic not! Everything in this course is fully explained, so you won't get lost.
- I recommend you start by enrolling on the "Building Structures in German - Structure 1" course
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 04:05 04:05
I’m Kieran and I’m a language tutor based in the UK, and I also create online courses and write books to make language learning accessible to all.
My books and online courses are based on the methodology I developed for teaching languages, which I've been using in all my classes for many years. The methodology will get you speaking quickly, without the struggle normally associated with language learning.
I’ll not bore you with my life story or intricate details of the history of the methodology; I know you probably just want to start learning now, so I’ll let you get on with it.
I have created three series of language courses available in French, Spanish, German, Italian and Portuguese. They're called: '3 Minute Languages', 'Building Structures' and 'Quick Guides'.
3 Minute Languages
The 3 Minute Languages courses are perfect for the complete beginner. They will get you speaking a language from scratch, assuming you know absolutely nothing. You will be amazed at how quickly you’re able to put sentences together. And you will memorise new words and phrases easily without even trying.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now