Build An API With The Django Rest Framework Using Python
Use Python and Django To Create Your Own API In No Time With The Django Rest Framework!
Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -1 hours
Building your own API with Django and Python can seem overwhelming at first, but it doesn;t have to be! In this course I’ll walk you through it step by step and you’ll be building your first API in MINUTES. You’ll be amazed how quick and easy it is to create very professional API's using the Django Rest Framework, even if you have no programming or web design experience at all.
Watch over my shoulder as I build a simple little API that lists some of my online courses step by step right in front of you. You’ll follow along and build your own copy. By the time we’re finished, you’ll have a solid understanding of the Django Rest Framework and how to use it to build awesome API's that will serve up any data you like.
The course contains 20 videos – and is just over 1.5 hours long. Watch the videos at your own pace, and post questions along the way if you get stuck. You don’t need any special knowledge or software to take this course, though any experience with basic Django or Python is a plus. You don’t really need to know the Python programming language, but it certainly helps!. I’ll walk you through EVERYTHING.
Django is a great web development tool and learning it has never been this easy.
What We'll Build...
We'll build an API that let's you show any sort of data that you like. The data will be publicly accessible through your API using JSON, just like any API you've ever used before.
We'll mainly use the popular Django Rest Framework to build and server our App. You'll learn how to create a database model to hold your data, how to build a Serializer to convert the database data to and from JSON, and urls and Routes to create webpages for you API.
Sign up today and I'll see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- This course is aimed towards absolute beginners who want to learn how to build API's with Django and Python
- Anyone wanting to learn to build web API's
What will you learn in this course:
- Introductory Django Rest Framework
- How to Build Your Own API With Django and Python
- How To Server your own API's In Your Django App
- How To Add Data To Your API
- Download and Install Python
- Install Django
- Install Django Rest Framework
- How To Create Serializers
- How To Manage URL's and Routers
- How to Create Views
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- No programming skills or special tools are necessary to take this course
- You just need a computer with Internet access and a Web Browser
- Basic Knowledge of Django is a Plus
- Basic Knowledge of Python is a Plus
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Installation and Setup
- Introduction 02:55 02:55
- Install Python 03:08 03:08
- Install Sublime Text and Git Bash Terminal 05:06 05:06
- Set Up a Virtual Environment 03:04 03:04
- Install Django and the Rest Framework 02:30 02:30
Create Our API Project Using The Django Rest Framework
Version Control and Finishing Up
John ElderFounder of Codemy
John Elder is a pioneer in Web Development who created one of the first Internet advertising networks back in 1997. He sold it to a publicly traded company at the height of the dot com boom and then went on to create the best-selling Submission-Spider search engine submission software that's been used by over 3 million individuals and small businesses in over 45 countries.
John graduated with honors with a degree in Economics from Washington University in St. Louis where he was an ArtSci Scholar.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
nice explained the concepts
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now