Blockchain dApps with Web3.js
Integration of Solidity Smart Contract based Decentralised Applications with Web3.js on Ethereum Blockchain
Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -2 hours
Digital assets such as cryptocurrencies and smart contracts are a central component of decentralized applications (DApps), in that they are deployed on the blockchain. However, to interact with these on-chain components, transactions need to be created on the blockchain. For a user or off-chain software to create a transaction on the blockchain, a node needs to relay the transaction to the underlying peer-to-peer (P2P) network.
Web3.js is a collection of libraries that allows programmers to interact with these on-chain components, by being able to facilitate a connection to Ethereum nodes, using HTTP or IPC connections.
Web3.js can be used to connect to the Ethereum network via any Ethereum node that allows access via HTTP. This may be a local node, a node hosted by the DApp provider, or public gateways which operate free Ethereum access points.
One common way of integrating a web browser application with Ethereum is to use the Metamask browser extension in combination with Web3.js. Metamask is an in-browser Ethereum wallet that injects a Web3 provider object into the browser. A Web3 provider is a data-structure providing a link to publicly accessible Ethereum nodes. Using Metamask allows users to manage private keys and sign transactions within their web browser. Using Metamask in combination with Web3.js, in a web interface, provides a convenient way to interact with the Ethereum network.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested to become a blockchain developer
- Anyone interested to become a dApp developer
- Anyone interested to become a decentralised application developer
- Anyone who wants to learn blockchain programming
- Anyone interested to learn TOP programming or coding skills for the future
- Anyone interested to learn how to code a distributed wallet in ethereum with Solidity
- Also for beginner Solidity developers who want to get to advanced level
- Anyone interested to learn the frontend web3 js skills required to develop ethereum dApps(decentralized applications)
- Also for university computer science students who would like to get into blockchain & dApp development
- Also for anyone else who would like to learn the relevant skills to become top blockchain & dApp developers
What will you learn in this course:
- Integration of Blockchain dapps with WEB3 js
- Full stack dapplication development - How to get through full stack dapp via web3 js
- web3 versus conventional methods
- Main functionality of web3 and Ganache - How to use the functionality of web3 and installing Ganache.
- Simple practical use of Web3 - Simple codes to get you started with web3 js
- Getting started with Truffle Project - Basic walkthrough of what is inside of truffle box.
- Truffle react box deployment - Deploying and migrating of smart contracts.
- How Ganache works - Setup ganache for our truffle project.
- Getting started with App js file - Starting template made which can be used for all the different contracts.
- Get & set methods used - Create web3 js to use the functions of our smart contracts.
- Let’s send ethers - Will send ethers to smart contracts and difference
- Setup the App js for first function - We need to set up the app js for calling function and sending ethers
- App js for second type and window function. - We need to make the app js to send directly the ethers to some account or to the Smart contracts and withdraw money from the smart contract.
- Testing of direct ether send and sending to contract and withdrawing it.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- some existing knowledge of ethereum dApp development will help, but not compulsory
- some solidity knowledge will help
- Logical thinking ability is a minimum requirement for any programming or coding related skills
- good knowledge of blockchain, dApps, ethereum, etc will be helpful
- Anyone can take this course, it's for beginners to advanced
- Basic mathematics/math knowledge is a minimum requirement for any programming/coding related skills
- You need internet access for the practical part of this course
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 03:36 03:36
- Previous Knowledge 02:45 02:45
Truffle & Ganache
Coding our Web3.js Frontend for our dApp
Diving into Events
Swapnil KoleBlockchain Developer || Web Developer
I'm working in Blockchain technologies and Web Development for a very long time and I want many students to join with me. I will provide you with the best course to start from scratch to a professional level. I want the students to excel in life and make their journey to success a straight pathway. Here u will get all the content from the very basic to the high level.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now