Blender 2.8 for beginners - Sword creation
Discover a complete workflow to build game assets with last Blender's version
Updated on Nov, 2023
Language - English
Duration -7.5 hours
Here is a complete training dedicated to the creation of a sword in Blender 2.8. Blender is a free 3D software and opensource. During this training you will learn all the steps to create realistic asset ready to import in game engines. All the production files files are included in the training.
- Discover a complete workflow to create a sword.
- Apprehend the interface and keyboard shortcuts for better efficiency.
- Get some polygonal modeling basics.
- Discover the tools of sculpting, texturing and shading.
The creation of sword with Blender 2.8 is intended for all future users wishing to familiarize themselves with the new version of Blender or the professional wishing to update its knowledge. From the freelance graphic designer to the illustrator wanting to evolve towards free software, Blender will be an indispensable asset for your graphic and video productions.
Who this course is for:
- 3d graphists
- Game designers
What will you learn in this course:
- Discover last Blender's version new features
- Build an asset ready to import for game engines
- Learn a complete workflow with Blender ( modeling, sculpting, texturing , baking )
- Bonus: Discover Substance Painter in a full dedicated chapter
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Good general computer knowledge
- Have Blender basics or follow the complete guide of Blender would be good but not mandatory
- Have a recent graphics card will help but is not mandatory
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Chapter 1 Lowpoly model creation
- 1.0-Introduction- Blender 2.8 overview 21:35 21:35
- 1.1-Adding reference images 13:10 13:10
- 1.2-Grip modeling 27:19 27:19
- 1.3-Blade modeling 17:18 17:18
- 1.4-Guard modeling 18:57 18:57
Chapter 2 High Poly model creation
Chapter 3 UV Mapping
Chapter 4 Baking textures
Chapter 5 Texture paint
Chapter 6 model presentation
Chapter 7 Export the model
Chapter 8 Bonus Texturing avec Substance painter
Hello I'm Julien Devile. I work as a freelance 3d designer and Blender foundation certified trainer since 7 years. I started to learn Blender by myself 8 years ago with books and videotutorials online. Now i'm glad to use Blender for 80 percents of my works projects. I work as a trainer for 50 percent of my time. I teach to local companies that want to use Blender and do personal sessions for artists or professionnals that wants to evolves in their practice of this incredible software. Teaching for me is just the natural evolution of my career path and i'm happy to give back what the Blender community gave to me.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now