BioInformatics with Python
A Complete Guide For Beginners
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Do you know that the human genomic sequence if printed out in a normal text font, would stretch for about 5000 km, which is the distance from London to Montreal, Los Angeles to Panama,Accra to Cape Town, Tokyo to Calcutta.
This same sequence would fill about 3000 books the size of a normal book.
Understanding and analysing this sequence is clearly going to be a huge task.
But with the advent of powerful tools and databases we can be able to grabs a simple understanding of some aspect of it.
In this introductory course we will explore the various Python tools and libraries used in analysing DNA,RNA and genome sequence.
Hence if you are interested in analysing large sum of biological data or are curious about DNA sequence,protein synthesis,and how vaccines are designed. Then this course will is for you.
Whether you are a student or a researcher, data scientist or bioinformatics,computational biologist, this course will serve as a helpful guide when doing bioinformatics in python. We will be exploring bioinformatics with BioPython,Biotite,BioJulia and more.
Data is everywhere, biological data is in every living organism.Let us analyse it for useful insights
NOTE: This is an introductory course structured like a reference material for those with little to no experience with bioinformatics.
We will learn
- how to do sequence analysis with BioPython,Biotite,etc
- how to perform sequence alignment with code
- how to create our own custom functions for analysing DNA,RNA and Proteins
- how to some bioinformatics with Python
- how to analysis the DNA sequence of Covid 19, MERS and more.
Join us as we explore the world of biological data with Python
What will you learn in this course:
- Perform DNA Sequence Analysis using Python
- Protein Synthesis using BioPython
- Be able Create our own custom functions for analysing DNA,RNA and Proteins
- Explore Bioinformatics Databases such as NCBI
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic Understanding of Python Programming Language
- Basic Understanding of Bioinformatics
- Determination to learn new things
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Section 1 - Introduction To Bioinformatics
- Introduction 05:02 05:02
- What is DNA, RNA & Protein 04:52 04:52
- What is Bioinformatics? 05:29 05:29
- What is Protein Synthesis? 06:18 06:18
- BioInformatics Databases 03:11 03:11
- Setting Up our Workspace 09:36 09:36
Bioinformatics with BioPython
Bioinformatics with Biotite
Bioinformatics - Extra
Bioinformatics with Julia Language
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now