Basic Fundamentals of Electricity and DC Circuit Analysis
Electricity, Power, Law's & Theorems, Resistors, Capacitors and Inductors, Circuit Current Flow
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
This course examines Ohm's Law, Series and Parallel Circuits, the first, and perhaps most important, the relationship between current, voltage, and impedance, Ohm’s Law, and its relevance to Series and Parallel Circuits. Subsequently, this will lead to the development of Kirchhoff's Laws as they help to analyze Network Analysis & Metering Circuits further.
Conductors and Insulators are investigated along with their connected components, Capacitors, and Inductors and how Electromagnetism influences them.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to understand the Basic concepts of electricity, its laws, theorems, and DC circuit analysis as it is applied to resistors, capacitors, and inductors.
What will you learn in this course:
This course introduces the fundamental concepts of electrical direct current circuits, which form the basis of all electrical/electronic systems.
This includes: • Ohm's Law • Power • Series and Parallel Circuits • Ohm's Law • Series and Parallel Circuits • Circuit Theorems (The venin, Norton, Superposition) • Kirchhoff's Laws • Mesh Circuits
What are the prerequisites for this course?
The student should have an understanding of basic math and linear equations.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Ch - 00 Intro Basic Electricity 06:30 06:30
- Ch - 01 The Nature of Electricity 20:07 20:07
- Ch - 02 Conductors & Insulators 08:26 08:26
- Ch - 03 Current and Electric Circuits 12:35 12:35
- Ch - 04 Ohm's Law 05:48 05:48
- Ch - 05 Electric Power 11:41 11:41
- Ch - 06 Series & Parallel Circuits 17:52 17:52
- Ch - 07 Circuit Theorems 01:31:13 01:31:13
- Ch - 08 Electric Fields and Capacitance 26:08 26:08
- Ch - 9 Magnetism and Inductance 48:56 48:56
- Ch - 10 Transient Response Capacitors & Inductors 09:44 09:44
Graham Van Brunt
With an entire career in the power sector of engineering, Graham graduated from Queen's University coupled with subsequent studies with Wilfrid Laurier University to travel the globe and apply his skills and garner his protection and control experience internationally.
His passion for staying in touch with his profession and his kinship for mentoring has kept him in front of an audience of learners.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now