AutoCAD to Excel - VBA Programming Hands-On!
You will learn and understand how AutoCAD interacts with Excel
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
This course is your ultimate tutorial that will guide you to develop VBA Programs that interacts between AutoCAD and Excel.
You will learn the following:
- How to extract LWPolyline Objects into a CSV (or a Pipe) Delimited File
- How to import CSV (or Pipe) Delimited File into AutoCAD
- How to extract different AutoCAD Objects Properties and export them into Excel such as Lines Mtexts Attribute Blocks
- How to import Excel Spreadsheet into AutoCAD
- How to design a User Interface (UI) and write the code behind the control
- Lots of VBA Programming Techniques (e.g. Debugging, ErrorHandling, Conditionals, Looping, SelectionSets, etc. etc.)
What will you learn in this course:
- You will learn and understand how AutoCAD interacts with Excel
- You will learn how to extract different AutoCAD Objects Properties and export them into Excel such as Lines Mtexts Attribute Blocks
- You will learn how to extract LWPolyline Objects into a CSV (or a Pipe) Delimited File
- You will learn how to import Excel Spreadsheet into AutoCAD
- You will learn how to import CSV (or Pipe) Delimited File into AutoCAD
- You will learn how to design a User Interface (UI) and write the code behind the control
- You will also learn lots of VBA Programming Techniques (e.g. Debugging, ErrorHandling, Conditionals, Looping, SelectionSets, etc. etc.)
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is required. Basic knowledge of VBA would be helpful.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 01:06 01:06
- Course Content 04:02 04:02
- Who is this course for? 01:23 01:23
- What will you learn from this course? 01:39 01:39
Exporting AutoCAD Objects to Excel
AutoCAD to Excel Extractor Project
Exporting AutoCAD Objects to Delimited Files
Importing Excel File Into AutoCAD
Importing CSV and Pipe Delimited Files into AutoCAD
Arnold HiguitSr. Software Developer
A Sr. Software Developer and a Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) and Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD) with extensive knowledge on different technology in different industries.
I have worked on several companies ranging from Architectural, Engineering & Construction, Utilities, Marketing, Telecommunications, and now in Financial Corporation.
I have been exposed to many different Technologies and Frameworks and Programming Languages. Developing applications using C#, Java, AutoLISP, VB/VBA, GIS and CAD Applications. I also worked on many different Enterprise Databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase).
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now