Atlassian Jira and Scrum Fundamentals for Beginners
Learn core Scrum concepts along with essential Jira functionality and start using Jira to manage your Scrum projects.
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
This tutorial starts from scratch, you don't need to know anything about Jira or Scrum!
Jira is Atlassian's powerful agile project management platform. You will learn this amazing product from the ground up in this course!
Join this comprehensive Jira tutorial and benefit not just from the course content but from the hands-on approach as well!
Get your own free instance of Jira and a good understanding of how to use Jira to create and manage Scrum projects.
This tutorial will teach you all the fundamentals about agile, scrum, projects, epics, stories, tasks, bugs, backlog, sprints, and much more! We will create a complete project fully from scratch, and lessons are backed up with a hands-on tutorial. All examples showcase the features of Jira and explain how to apply them correctly.
This curriculum covers everything you'll need to know to get started with Jira, along with a few incentives. At the end of the course, you will have hands-on experience with all Jira core features and your own free instance of Jira to experiment and extend your knowledge.
I hope you're excited to dive into the Jira and Scrum with this course. Let's get started!
What will you learn in this course:
- What Jira is and how to use Jira core features.
- How to get access to free instance of Jira and start using it right away.
- Basics of Agile and Scrum.
- What are Jira projects and how to create them?
- What are Jira issues and how to create them.
- Differences between epics, stories, tasks and bugs.
- What is Backlog and how to prioritize it.
- Estimation and capacity planning.
- Planning, creating, starting, monitoring and closing Sprints.
- Finding Jira items using a simple and advanced search.
- Creating Jira filters.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- There are no prerequisites required to take this course.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 03:22 03:22
- Course Project 02:00 02:00
- Getting Free Access to Jira 05:28 05:28
- What is Jira? 03:56 03:56
- Agile in 5 Minutes 04:33 04:33
- Scrum in 5 Minutes 05:10 05:10
Planning and Managing Sprints
Vlajko KnezicTechnologist and Methodologist
As a seasoned 20+ year career technologist, Vlajko has led high-performance teams, ranging from technology infrastructure engineering design & support to web development teams and product development groups.
Vlajko's career has spanned experiences as a developer, project manager, product manager, technology director, agile evangelist, and methodology leader.
He has helped many organizations improve the efficiency of their delivery by using the right tools and processes, and that knowledge and experiences are reflected in his courses.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now