Arduino with Robot Operating System (ROS)
Unleash Arduino Hardware Superpower with Robot Operating System Algorithms and move Arduino Coding to the Next Level
Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -2.5 hours
This Course introduces a middleware software framework Robot Operating System (ROS) and walks you through the setup and use of ROS with Arduino to create more intelligent robotic systems.
Robot Operating System (ROS) is one of the most popular and widely used robotics middleware software frameworks. It is an open-source platform that helps makers and developers alike to get started with robotics software without reinventing the wheel. ROS provides a standard communication architecture for seamless integration, use, development, and deployment of different components of a robotic system including control, perception, planning, and more. It is a language-agnostic platform with cross-platform communication support for different machines regardless of their site of deployment.
Probably the most used open-source microcontroller development board, Arduino offers an easy-to-use software-hardware interface and an ever-expanding user community. Arduino is mostly compatible with all digital and analog circuitry as well as external devices supporting serial communication interfaces like SPI, I2C, and UART.
ROS-based software frameworks run the high-level algorithms and processes like robot models’ inference, filtering, motion strategy generation, controller algorithms, and more. An Arduino controller mounted on a robot is used to perform the low-level/embedded control and sensing. It includes any or all of motor control, temperature and ultrasonic sensors, IMUs and wheel encoders, and other devices.
What You Will Learn In this Course:
What is ROS
Arduino with ROS!
How to Create intelligent robotic systems based on Arduino
Communication Between ROS and Arduino
Software and Hardware Setup
ROS and Arduino Libraries
Coding and Circuit Connection
A lot of information is waiting for you inside this course, join now and start making your own.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in Unleashing Arduino Hardware Superpower using ROS Coding and Algorithms
- ROS Robot Operating System Geeks
- Arduino Geeks
- Electronics Geeks
- Anyone interested in making amazing electronics Projects
- Anyone interested in making amazing Microcontroller Projects
- Intermediate Robotics Software developers
- Robotics Enthusiasts
What will you learn in this course:
- Learn What is ROS
- Learn how to Interface Arduino with ROS!
- How to Create intelligent robotic systems based on Arduino
- How Communication Between ROS and Arduino is accomplished
- How to setup Software and Hardware
- What are the ROS and Arduino Libraries and how to use them
- How to Code and connect an Arduino Circuit to Control it via ROS
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic experience in Electronics
- A Will to apply, not just watch
- Be familiar with the Arduino Uno
- Be familiar with the breadboard and wiring.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 02:17 02:17
- Who We Are? 05:26 05:26
- Hardware and Software Requirements 01:01 01:01
ROS: Robotic Operating System
Getting things Ready
Arduino ROS Coding
Extra Ubuntu 20.04
ROS on Windows 10
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now