Applied Project & Research Methods in Business
Learn The Principles of Applying Project and Research Methods in Business
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Are you interested in a career within in the world of Applied Project & Research Methods in Business?
You have come to the right place! Learn The Principles of Applying Project and Research Methods in Business here.
Throughout this course you will be introduced to the fundamentals of project and research methods viewed from the perspective of the business manager. We will study five main areas:
1. Applied Project & Research Methods in Business - Introduction to Research, Reasons for Publishing, Defining a Management Problem, The Desiried State, Identifying Problems from Symptoms, Doing Scoping Research, Steps in Scoping the Research, Writing Notes and Mind Mapping, Structuring the Write-up of the Literature, and Inform the Purpose Statement and Research Questions.
2. Writing a Purpose / Quantitative and Qualitative Research Approaches – Writing a Purpose Statement and Research Questions, Presuming that you know what you will find, Quantitative and Qualitative Research Approaches.
3. Mixed Method Research Approaches, Ethical Considerations and Writing a Methodology & Methods – Mixed Method Research Approaches, Advantages of Mixed Methods, Case Study Research, Types of Case Study Methods, The Advantages and Disadvantages, Ethical Considerations, Respect for Persons, Beneficence, Justice, Research Issues, Writing a Methodology and Methods, and Effectively Written Methodology.
4. Writing Data Collection Tools, Qualitative Data Analysis & Quantitative Data Analysis – Writing Data Collection Tools, Designing Questions, Observation Schedules, Qualitative and Quantitative Data Analysis, Grounded Theory, Thematic Analysis, Template Analysis, Using CAQDAS, Using Descriptive Statistics, and Inferential Statistical Tests.
5. Comparing Findings to Literature and Writing the Final Paper – Comparing Findings to Literature and Writing the Final Paper, Discussion in a Quantitative Study, Discussion in a Qualitative Study and Writing Conclusions.
Each of these segments includes practical cases and quizzes aiming to strength your knowledge.
Follow along as we provide you with the skills to effectively evaluate, manage, and design the knowledge and functions to contribute to a firm’s future applied project and research methods direction through applying modern business thought.
Why wait? Don't miss this fantastic opportunity!
What will you learn in this course:
- In this course you will understand and apply the principles underpinning the business research process and make informed decisions about how to undertake research in a given circumstance
- In this course you will examine the key challenges faced by people when undertaking research in a business context and be able to identify and employ techniques for managing these challenges
- This course will equip you with the knowledge to be able to analyse a problem, undertake efficient desk research and write a problem statement
- In this course you will learn how to undertake research using at least one qualitative or quantitative research technique to collect and analyse data
- In this course you will how to present and defend your opinions by preparing a research report suitable for submission to a practitioner journal or presentation to business executives
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic Computer Fundamentals & Terminologies
- A computer installed with Windows/Linux /OS X
- Internet connection
- PDF reading software, such as free Adobe Reader.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Section 1: Applied Project & Research Methods in Business
- Lecture 1.1: Introduction to Research 01:06 01:06
- Lecture 1.2: What is Research? 01:03 01:03
- Lecture 1.3: Why Publish? 00:54 00:54
- Lecture 1.4: Reasons for Publishing 01:00 01:00
- Lecture 1.5 Reasons for Publishing Part 2 00:15 00:15
- Lecture 1.6: Defining a Management Problem 00:31 00:31
- Lecture 1.7: The Desirird State 01:02 01:02
- Lecture 1.8: Identifying Problems for Symptoms 00:26 00:26
- Lecture 1.9: Doing Scoping Research 00:49 00:49
- Lecture 1.10: Steps in Scoping the Research 00:40 00:40
- Lecture 1.11: Writing Notes and Mind Mapping 00:29 00:29
- Lecture 1.12: Structuring the Write-Up of the Literature 00:46 00:46
- Lecture 1.13: Inform the Purpose Statement & Research Questions 00:27 00:27
Section 2: Writing a Purpose / Quantitative and Qualitative Research Approaches
Section 3: Mixed Method Research Approaches, Ethical Considerations and Writing a Methodology & Methods
Section 4: Writing Data Collection Tools, Qualitative Data Analysis & Quantitative Data Analysis
Section 5: Comparing Findings to Literature and Writing the Final Paper
Sentinel | 9Business Education
Sentinel | 9 is now offering educational courses and specialised modules from its industry-leading university-level Business program. This package is usually provided via Higher Education partners, where it comes with a Degree upon completion. However, for individuals seeking valuable education and knowledge without the hassle of enrolling in university, Sentinel | 9 has redeveloped its resources into easily accessible learning content.
These resources are a perfect fit for individuals who want to sharpen their business skills, learn about new practices in business or wish to educate themselves in something new. The Sentinel | 9 material is developed with consultation from industry experts, professorial, doctoral, and postdoctoral in-house academics to ensure learning is of the highest quality.
Through this offering, users will now have access to high-quality, practical, on-demand resources across all aspects of business, including business strategy, business law, finance, marketing strategy, economics, organisation behaviour, leadership, human resources, accounting and more.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now