Android Game Development : Build a Math based Game
Hone your programming skills by building two complete Apps using Android Studio and Java
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Hi, do you want to learn how to build Android Games in Java?
My name is Sandip and I have published more than 10 android games in Google Play. So, I happen to know a little bit about game programming and in this course I’ll show you exactly how to create two complete apps from scratch: 1) An interesting math-based game, call it Math Games and 2) A multiple-choice type, timer based Quiz App [updated for 2021], using Android Studio and Java.
******* Course Overview *******
This course is perfectly suitable for anyone who started learning Android Development. I'll show you how to design a LinearLayout, how to work with CountDownTimer, and how to develop some fairly complex game logic in android.
I believe the best way to learn game programming is by making one. So, I will walk you through the process of creating these games, from start to finish, step by step in a completely hands-on fashion.
At the end of the course, you’ll be able to build two complete apps which you can publish on Google Play. You'll have a clear understanding of XML layout designing and an improved programming skill in Java.
Android is the largest eco-system for gaming so if you’re serious about your career in the gaming industry, this is a great place to start. Or, if you just want to learn to program then Java is an excellent language for Android and building games is great fun. Over the years, I have helped thousands of students in making their Android games and there’s absolutely no reason why you can’t as well.
Start Learning Now!
What will you learn in this course:
- You'll be able to build two complete apps in less than 2 hours
- XML layout designing with LinearLayout
- How to work with CountDownTimer
- How to get/set any view object
- How to develop fairly complex game logic
- You'll be able to brush-up your Java skills
- Learn Android Game Development Step By Step
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- We'll be using Java in this course, and since it's an OOP language, it's important to learn OOP fundamentals first. One of my courses titled "Object Oriented Programming Fundamentals" teaches that. Note that, it does not teach Jav
- You should have Android Studio up and running.
- You should have some programming knowledge like variable, array, loops, method etc.
- You should have made one or two mini android projects with working knowledge of the latest Android Studio IDE.
- You don't need prior knowledge in Android Game Development.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Introduction to Android Game Development : Build a Math based Game
- Introduction to the Course 02:33 02:33
- Create the Math Games project 05:20 05:20
Start Creating the Game
Improving the app
Build a Complete Quiz App for Android [Updated for 2021]
Sandip BhattacharyaSoftware Development Teacher, Developer, Entrepreneur
Hello, I am Sandip and I am a Programmer, YouTuber, Online Course Creator, and Entrepreneur from India. I have 13 years of overall programming and teaching experience including Android apps and game development, Web development, and multiple programming languages like C, C++, Java and PHP/MySQL. I obtained my B. Tech and M. Tech degree, both in Computer Science & Engineering. Intellectual Curiosity, Creativity, and Deep Honesty are the three pillars of my life.
I have trained many aspirant computer science students and software professionals one-on-one in various software practices all over the world. I am currently creating online courses for different online learning platforms and working from Kolkata, India. I have over 27000 online students from 163 countries in my 7 courses so far. Isn't it amazing?
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now