This course provides a very good grounding in Agile methodology with Scrum and Kanban frameworks. What it doesn't provide is any meaningful discussion or information about the risks/rewards of using Agile in a security team setting. In fact, the instructor references security only a handful of times
Agile for Security Teams
Agile Tools and Techniques for Cybersecurity
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Many of our students are already professionals or aim to be part of a red or blue team. That means human interactions, and here it is not enough to have strong technical skills, one needs also soft skills and software methodologies knowledge in order to cope with all the processes in place and the way a team works.
As the name suggests, we will cover only the Agile principles and methodologies in this class, since they are by far the most used and abused in the software industry world.
This course is different from our previous classes, as it is less technical and more people oriented. We will understand together the team player skills a cybersecurity professional must have in a fast ever changing business environment. We will insist on "Why?" teams adopt the Agile principles and "How?" they work on a daily basis, since we consider that it's important for students to understand WHAT we're trying to achieve and WHY.
Main topics covered:
Tools used in Agile projects
PRACTICE : 5 Assignments and a final Test your knowledge Quiz!
What will you learn in this course:
- The lectures, videos and other resources will provide you with relevant information about current Agile practices
- You will learn how to confidently apply the SCRUM methodology
- You will get practical experience with all the tools discussed
- And last but not least, you will learn foundation principles and techniques to boost your daily work performance and become a reliable team player
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- A computer, a phone or a tablet
- Internet connection
- An interest in improving yourself and your daily work
- A passion for getting things done
- A desire to be a reliable and trustworthy team player
- Patience and a lot of perseverance to “try harder”
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Introduction in Agile
- Course Description 07:21 07:21
- Agile Mindset 13:50 13:50
- Agile Mindset Assignment 01:48 01:48
- Agile Mindset Assignment Solution 07:38 07:38
Agile Metrics and Tools
Test your knowledge
Cristina GheorghisanTrainer and Coach
Hello and welcome everyone. My name is Cristina. I am a trainer and coach with a strong background in Software Security. For the past 10 years I’ve been working in software industry where security is a topic on a daily basis. I am very happy that you decided to join my courses! Thank you
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now