A Guide to Safeguarding
The procedures needed to protect children and vulnerable adults from harm, abuse and neglect
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
This course provides a guide to the safeguarding procedures that medical practices and other service providers need to have in place to guard against abuse.
Safeguarding procedures are needed within doctors’ surgeries, schools, nurseries, clubs and associations and any organisation dealing with children and young people, and vulnerable adults.
This is not a course about the clinical detection or escalation of safeguarding concerns
The aim of the course is to help providers design the administrative procedures in place that they need for safeguarding
The focus of the course is the United Kingdom but the principles covered in the course, and the procedures presented, should apply anywhere.
The agenda for the course includes:
1.What is Safeguarding?
2.Who is covered by safeguarding?
3.The Responsibilities of Service Providers
4.Key Decisions for Service Providers
5.Documents relating to safeguarding
6.Registration of new service users
7.Identification of Concerns
8.Proactive Analysis of Issues
10.Audit of Effectiveness
Who this course is for:
- Practice managers in organisations dealing with children, young people or vulnerable adults
- Administrators and managers in organisations dealing with children, young people or vulnerable adults
- Staff working in organisations dealing with children, young people or vulnerable adults
What will you learn in this course:
- The safeguarding procedures that organisations dealing with young people and vulnerable adults need
- The definition of Safeguarding
- The types of organisation that need safeguarding procedures
- The responsibilities of organisations for safeguarding
- Sources of information on safeguarding
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- No pre-course requisites
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
A Guide To Safeguarding
- Introduction to Safeguarding 02:10 02:10
- What is Safeguarding? 01:50 01:50
- Key Decisions for Service Providers 05:19 05:19
- What does this mean for Service Providers 02:56 02:56
- Documents relating to Safeguarding 02:11 02:11
- The Registration of New Service Users 03:00 03:00
- Identification of Concerns 01:31 01:31
- The Proactive Analysis of Issues 01:34 01:34
- Collaborative Review 02:03 02:03
- Audit of Effectiveness 01:28 01:28
- Embedding Safeguarding Procedures 04:42 04:42
- Relevant Safeguarding Legislation 02:56 02:56
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now