- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How do I get started with Node.js?
To get started with Node.js, you need to first set its environment. If you are still willing to set up your environment for Node.js, you need the following two software available on your computer, (a) Text Editor and (b) The Node.js binary installable.
Let’s see how to install Node.js binary distribution on Windows. Download the latest version of Node.js installable archive file from Node.js official website.
Use the MSI file and follow the prompts to install the Node.js. By default, the installer uses the Node.js distribution in “C:\Program Files
odejs”. The installer should set the “C:\Program Files
odejs\bin” directory in the window's PATH environment variable. Restart any open command prompts for the change to take effect.
After installation, verify it.
Create a js file named main.js on your machine (Windows or Linux) having the following code −
/* first program in node.js */ console.log("Hello, World!")
Now execute the main.js file using Node.js interpreter to see the result −
$ node main.js
If everything is fine with your installation, this should produce the following result −
- How to Get Started with C++ Programming?
- How to Get Started with Resistance Band Workouts
- Get Started With Selenium and Python Automation
- How to Install and Get Started with Symfony 2 on Ubuntu
- Walking Workouts: Health Benefits, How to Get Started, and How to Get Better
- How do I get a parent HTML Tag with Selenium WebDriver using Java?
- How do I get the dialer to open with phone number displayed in Android?
- How do I get email-id from a MongoDB document and display with print()
- How do I get the parent directory in Python?
- How do I set the Selenium webdriver get timeout?
- Getting started with coding
- Getting Started with AIOps
- How do I use Selenium with Ruby?
- How do I use PIL with Tkinter?