3 Minute German - Course 2 | Language lessons for beginners
Build on from the German skills you learnt in Course 1 and learn how to communicate in even more situations.
Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -3.5 hours
This is the second course in the 3 Minute German series and it consists of lessons 10-18. If you're familiar with all the words and phrases you learnt in the course 1, then you're ready to go!
The good thing about the 3 Minute German courses is that everything you learn is recapped in later lessons, so you don't have to worry about going back to the start to refresh your memory (although you can if you like, it won't harm you). At the end of every lesson are some recap practice exercises to make sure words and phrases you learnt previously are still secure in your memory.
In this course, you'll start to look at some different sentence structures in German. You'll be looking at some ways to ask questions and then you'll get an introduction to a very useful part of the language: verbs. All of this will open up the German language to you, giving you many more things to say. Don't worry if you've never come across verbs before, or if you've had a bad experience with learning grammar; everything in this course is explained in a simple and easy to understand way.
As well as the new structures, we'll be exploring some new topic areas including telling the time in German, booking taxis and asking where things are. We'll also look at an interesting linguistic feature in English called the Saxon Genitive, and we'll discover that it doesn't exist in German so we'll need ways to get around it.
The best way to tackle the trickier features of any language is to spread them out rather than looking at them all at once. Sometimes, when you open a foreign language instruction book, all the linguistic features of the language are introduced on the first page, and it can often be very off putting! In the 3 Minute German courses, I have broken them down and spread them about. We look at each particular feature when it crops up naturally in the order of the course. In this course, there are a few such features that need explaining in order to understand how some of the German structures work.
In this course, there are also some more Vocabulary Expansion Sheets for you to boost your German vocabulary.
I hope you enjoy :-)
Who this course is for:
- This course is for aimed at anybody who has already completed the "3 Minute German - Course 1" and would like to progress further
What will you learn in this course:
- Learn some useful question phrases you can use in lots of situations
- Learn some verbs and start to add different structures to your language
- Learn some time phrases, money phrases and mealtime phrases to add more details to your German
- Learn to tell the time in German
- Learn how to book a taxi in German
- Get to grips with German pronunciation
- Understand the structure of the German language
- Understand and use grammatical and linguistic features of the German language with ease
- Build a solid base vocabulary of words and phrases you can use straight away in the real world
- Speak German confidently and comfortably in everyday situations
- Understand what's being said back to you
- Be more than just an average tourist when travelling to German speaking countries
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Before taking this course, make sure you are confident with all the words and phrases you learnt in "3 Minute German Course 1"
- Everything is explained clearly and thoroughly without the use of confusing terminology
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 01:41 01:41
I’m Kieran and I’m a language tutor based in the UK, and I also create online courses and write books to make language learning accessible to all.
My books and online courses are based on the methodology I developed for teaching languages, which I've been using in all my classes for many years. The methodology will get you speaking quickly, without the struggle normally associated with language learning.
I’ll not bore you with my life story or intricate details of the history of the methodology; I know you probably just want to start learning now, so I’ll let you get on with it.
I have created three series of language courses available in French, Spanish, German, Italian and Portuguese. They're called: '3 Minute Languages', 'Building Structures' and 'Quick Guides'.
3 Minute Languages
The 3 Minute Languages courses are perfect for the complete beginner. They will get you speaking a language from scratch, assuming you know absolutely nothing. You will be amazed at how quickly you’re able to put sentences together. And you will memorise new words and phrases easily without even trying.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now