- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why is damage to the ozone layer a cause for concern? What steps are being taken to limit this damage?
Ozone is a chained molecule, harmful reactive gas composed of three oxygen atoms that protect the earth from harmful radiation coming from outer space.
The ozone layer protects us from the harmful effects of short wavelengths and hazardous ultraviolet radiation coming from the sun. Depleting the ozone layer leads to hazardous environmental effects by increasing exposure to dangerous ultraviolet rays and can cause cataracts, skin cancer, and weakened immune systems.
The UNEP is United Nations Environment Programme. In 1987, in an attempt to protect the ozone layer, the UNEP forged an agreement among its member countries to freeze the production of chlorofluorocarbons at 1986 levels.
Depletion of the ozone layer can be prevented by the following practices:
1. Avoid using gases that are hazardous to the ozone layer, such as chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), halogenated hydrocarbons, nitrous oxide, etc.
2. Reduce the use of vehicles that run on petrol and diesel. Use bicycles, carpools, or walk to save fuel and energy.
- What is the measure for ozone layer?
- What is an OutOfMemoryError and steps to find the root cause of OOM in Java?
- What is zero figure and why girls are behind to attain this?
- How to use LIMIT Cause in Android sqlite?
- What are the Data Link Layer services provided to the Network Layer?
- What are the steps to rename a file in Git?
- What are the measures taken to make EVMs tamper proof?
- What do you think is the main cause for teenage depression?
- What are services provided to transport layer by network layer?
- What are the different steps involved to execute a Java program?
- What is the difference between Liquidation Value and Going Concern Value?
- What is the transport layer?
- What is the session layer?
- What is the application layer?
- What are the benefits of being dumb?
- What is a network layer?