- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
While cooking, if the bottom of the vessel is getting blackened on the outside, it means that
- the food is not cooked completely.
- the fuel is not burning completely.
- the fuel is wet.
- the fuel is burning completely.
Correct Answer: (b) the fuel is not burning completely.
Explanation: The unburnt particles of the fuel present in the smoke blacken the vessel from the outside. This occurs due to incomplete combustion of fuel.
[Extra information: Combustion is actually a scientific term for burning. Combustion is a chemical process where any fuel has a reaction with air (oxidant) to produce heat energy.
it is given by :
Hydrocarbon + Oxygen → Carbon Dioxide + Water + Heat Energy
Types of Combustion are given below:-
1. Complete Combustion: One of the types of combustion is Complete Combustion. Complete combustion occurs in an unlimited supply of air, oxygen in particular.
Example: burning of a candle.
2. Incomplete Combustion: Incomplete combustion takes place when the air is in limited supply. It is dirt combustion, due to lack of oxygen, the fuel will not react completely, which in turn, produces carbon monoxide and soot instead of carbon dioxide.
Example: burning of paper.
Two disadvantages of incomplete combustion are given below:
- Due to incomplete combustion, a greater amount of fuel is wasted and less heat is released as compared to that in complete combustion.
- Incomplete combustion leads to the production of a gas called carbon monoxide which is extremely poisonous.]
- What is Methanol and why is it considered an alternative cooking fuel?
- Why is it not good to sleep on the stomach for the whole night?
- What is the use of MySQL IS and IS NOT operator?
- Python Pandas CustomBusinessHour - Check if the given timestamp is on offset or not
- What is the Bisecting K-Means?
- Check if a point is inside, outside or on the ellipse in C++
- Check if a point is inside, outside or on the parabola in C++
- How to display the vertical and horizontal scrollbars always even if it is not required
- Is food an offering to the soul?
- 8085 program to determine if the number is prime or not
- Python program to check if the string is empty or not
- Check if the board is connected or not in Arduino IDE
- What is the use of MySQL NOT LIKE operator?
- Is pizza healthy? If not, can it be made healthy?