- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which type of cell division is required for the growth and repair of the body and which type is involved in the formation of gametes?
Mitosis is the type of cell division that is required for the growth and repair of the body. While meiosis is involved in the formation of gametes.
Mitosis is a vegetative division in which the parent cell makes its exact replicas as a daughter cell. In meiosis, the parent cell gets divided into four haploid daughter cells.
There are six stages of mitosis such as:
1. Interphase: It is not part of mitosis; however the cell spends a period of growth in interphase before entering mitosis.
2. Prophase: It is the first and largest phase of mitosis in which and chromatin gets condensed into chromosomes. The centrioles split and move to the opposite ends.
3. Prometaphase (Early Metaphase): The nuclear membrane breaks down. The microtubules get attached to the kinetochores and allow chromosomes to move around.
4. Late Metaphase: The microtubules pull chromosomes with an equal force so it moves to the center of the cell.
5. Anaphase: The sister chromatids split and become the chromosomes of daughter nuclei
6. Telophase: It is the final stage in which the replicated and paired chromosomes are separated. They are pulled at the opposite ends of the pole. It is further separated into Early Telophase and Cytokinesis, and Late Telophase.
Meiosis is a reduction division process in which a single cell divides two times to form four cells containing half the amount of genetic material present in the mother cell.
- Which is the best Programming language for career growth and development?
- What are the trees used for furniture and which type of wood last long?
- Which MySQL data type is used for long decimal?
- Which city of India is called the city of dreams and why?
- Which out of The Times of India and The Hindu is a better newspaper?
- Which is the fastest implementation of Python
- What is the type of string literals in C and C++?
- Which MySQL type is most suitable for “price” column?
- Which is the coldest part of Antartic Ocean?
- Return a scalar type which is common to the input arrays in Python
- What is the type of elements of the jagged array in C#?
- Which out of linkedIn and Naukri.com is better?
- What is the difference between type conversion and type casting in C#?
- What is the difference between dynamic type variables and object type variables?
- What is the standard body for conventions of research writing?
- Which out of beauty and brain is more important?