- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which one of the following would you need to identify the gas that evolve when you heat NaOH solution with zinc metal?
(a) Red litmus solution
(b) Blue litmus solution
(c) A burning splinter/matchstick
(d) Lime water
Correct Answer: (c) A burning splinter/matchstick
Explanation: When a base like NaOH is treated with an active metal like Zn, it produces H2 gas. And the presence of the hydrogen gas can be tested by bringing a burning splinter/ matchstick near the gas produced. The gas will burn with a pop sound confirming the presence of hydrogen gas.
$Zn(s) + 2NaOH(aq) \rightarrow Na_2ZnO_2(aq) +H_2(g)$
- What would you do if you were the Prime Minister of India?
- Program to find coefficients of linear equations that has only one solution in Python
- What are the things that you can do normally when you are pregnant?
- C program to find the solution of linear equation
- What Is a Firewall and Why Do You Need One?
- What do you need to join the metaverse?
- What are the evaluations for EAI Solution?
- Can I integrate the SAP Learning Solution with a LMS platform?
- What is EAI Solution?
- Find the Number of Solution to Modular Equations using C++
- DevOps – A Solution To Quick Releases
- Write about an incident when you made a difference to the lives of the people around you?
- All you need to know about the Internet of Nano Things
- How to create a heat map in Python that ranges from green to red? (Matplotlib)
- Why would you use the return statement in Python?