- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which of the following are environment-friendly practices?
(a) Carrying cloth-bags to put purchases in while shopping
(b) Switching off unnecessary lights and fans
(c) Walking to school instead of getting your mother to drop you on her scooter
(d) All of the above
Correct Answer: (d) All of the above
All the practices mentioned above are environmentally friendly practices as they conserve the usage of nonrenewable sources of energy like petrol and electricity, and encourage the usage of reusable and biodegradable items like cloth bags.
In school, we should reuse the paper by writing on both sides of the paper. Saving the waste of paper can indirectly save trees. Also, we should avoid taking printouts redundantly, and if it's crucial, develop the habit of taking printouts on both sides of the paper.
We can prevent the consumption of electricity by using more natural lights from windows instead of tube lights wherever possible. It will also help in the natural circulation of air thereby reducing the consumption of air-conditioning and fans.
Plantation of the trees must be done. The tree will help in the purification of air and also provide wood in the long term.
Reusing water from canteens for watering garden plants and water from washbasins can be treated for further reuse. The same water can also be treated and used for flushing purposes in the washrooms.
Biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste can be dumped into different dustbins. Practicing the habit of reducing, reusing, and recycling will help in saving resources.
Things like used cardboard, plastic boxes, old newspapers, etc. can be used to build a waste to best reusable items like storage boxes, craft pieces, etc.
- Find FIRST & FOLLOW for the following Grammar. S → A a A | B b B A → b B B → ε
- What are the disadvantages of online shopping?
- 8085 program to implement the following function (a*b) + (c*d)
- What are the best practices to keep in mind while using packages in Java?
- Construct a ∈-NFA for the language L = (a* + b*)
- Show that the following grammar is LR (1) S → A a |b A c |B c | b B a A → d B → d
- Why are online shopping sites becoming mobile shopping apps?
- Top credit card security tips while shopping online
- What precautions must be taken while shopping online?
- Construct ∈-NFA of Regular Language L = b + ba*
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of online shopping?
- Which is the most employee friendly company in India to work with?
- Find the multiple of x which is closest to a^b in C++
- Program to find number of elements in all permutation which are following given conditions in Python