PhonePe is a very popular and useful application especially in today’s era of digitization. The app is named after Fin-Tech company, the headquarters of which are in Bangalore, India. It is quite recent, as it was found in December 2015.
1. Mobile recharge: By using this app, you can get your mobile phone recharged very easily. You simply need to mention the amount, phone number and the appropriate mobile operator's name. You can even browse plans. You don’t have to load funds into your wallet for the recharge. Rather, you can make payments from your bank account by using just your mobile number, which is the same as registered in the bank.
2. Travel related: Whether it is needed to book a ticket online or a metro recharge to be done, PhonePe is at our rescue. The person can book bus tickets, train tickets using this app and avail certain discounts too.
3. Pay bills: you can pay gas cylinder bills through this app. Not only gas bills, but even electricity bills can be paid using this app.
4. Transfer money: you can transfer money to your friend or relative using this app. It provides an online payment system based on Unified Payments Interface. UPI is a novel process in electronic funds transfer launched by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). Through PhonePe UPI app, you can send and receive money instantly using a VPA (or Virtual Payment Address).
5. Link bank account: it is not possible to carry your bank debit and credit cards everywhere. So in that case, you can directly link your bank account to this account.
6. Get discount at leading merchants: you can use PhonePe wallet to pay for reliance trends, big basket, Grofers and other leading associated partners of PhonePe.
These are some of the popular uses of this highly useful app of PhonePe.