- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the term used for secretions of endocrine glands responsible for changes taking place in the body?
The secretions of endocrine glands responsible for changes taking place in the body are known as hormones.
Hormones are chemical substances that act like messenger molecules in the body of multicellular. After being made in one part of the body, they travel to other parts of the body where they help control how cells and organs do their work.
List of important hormones in our body:
Thyroid hormones, Insulin, Estrogen, Progesterone, Prolactin, Testosterone, Serotonin, Cortisol, Adrenaline, Growth Hormone
Importance of few important hormones are:
(a) Thyroxine - Thyroxine is a hormone, produced by the thyroid gland which stimulates the metabolic rate. It controls the speed at which oxygen and food products react to release energy for the body to use.
(b) Insulin - Insulin is a hormone released from the pancreas into the bloodstream so that it can reach different parts of the body and regulate the blood sugar (glucose) level in the body.
(c) Adrenaline - The adrenaline hormone is released by the adrenal gland, which is located on top of the kidney. It prepares our body to function at maximum efficiency in emergency situations, like anger danger, stress, etc. Hence, it is called an emergency hormone. The function of the adrenaline hormone is to regulate the heartbeat, breathing rate, blood pressure, and carbohydrate metabolism.
(d) Growth hormone - Growth Hormone (GH) is responsible for the growth and development of humans. Less secretion of GH results in dwarfism.
(e) Testosterone - Testosterone is the male sex hormone secreted by the testes and responsible for male puberty and other secondary sexual characteristics.
- What is the standard body for conventions of research writing?
- What are the rules for the body of lambda expression in Java?
- What are the changes that occur in our body with the increase of age?
- Investigation of root cause and resource responsible for the deadlock in DB2
- Define the style for the body of the modal with Bootstrap
- Which British General was responsible for the Jallianwala Bagh massacre?
- What is the importance of blood in human body?
- What is MySQL TRUNCATE command used for?
- What is MySQL DROP command used for?
- What is MySQL DELETE command used for?
- What are the Biometric techniques used for identification?
- What is Copy-item in PowerShell used for?
- What is Get-Content in PowerShell used for?
- Who is responsible for creating rumor that world would end in 2012?
- What is an array and what is it used for?
- Share the most embarrassing cause for taking a day off?