- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is non functional testing example
Non Functional Testing
If we need to check the readiness of the application, for example, how the application behaves when ample number of users are using the application at the same time. Or how secure the application is and how vulnerable is the application to get impacted by possible intruders.To ensure that there are no data loss from the application. Taking care of all these aspects come under non-functioanl testing.
Tools such as LoadRunner, JMeter, Loadster, etc.
Objective of non-Functional Testing
To verify the scalabilty,usability,speed and readiness of the application.It also tests the behavior under extreme load conditions and how well the application copes with it.
Types of Non-Functional Testing
Performance Testing – It determines the responsiveness and stability of the application.
Load Testing – Part of Performance testing which determines the behavior of application under load condition. Suppose there are multiple users accessing the application at the same time, the application should behave nicely. It determines the maximum operating capacity of application.
Volume Testing – When the application is subjected to a huge amount of data, the performance of system is analyxed.
Stress Testing – Part of Performace Testing where the load limit is above the threshold. It also tests the behavior under extreme load conditions and how well the application copes with it.
Security Testing – It uncovers the vulnerabilities of the system and protects it from any data theft.
Compatibility Testing – It verifies whether the application is capable of running on different OS, networks or mobile devices.
- What is Non-Functional Testing? Types with Example
- Difference between Functional and Non-functional Testing.
- what is functional testing in QA
- What is Functional Testing (Types & Examples)?
- Good example of functional testing a Python Tkinter application
- What is Loop Testing(Methodology, Example)?
- What is Recovery Testing? With Example
- What is Alpha Testing? Process, Example
- What is Compatibility Testing? Forward & Backward Testing (Example)
- What is Usability Testing? UX (User Experience) Testing Example
- What is Non Destructive Software Testing (NDST)?
- What is the role of test automation in functional testing?
- What is Spike Testing? Learn With Example
- What is Destructive Testing(Techniques, Methods, Example)?
- What is Interface Testing(Types & Example)?