- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the environmental consequences of the increasing demand for energy? What steps would you suggest to reduce energy consumption?
The environmental consequences of the increasing demand for energy are as follows:
1. Setting up more nuclear power plants increases the radioactivity in the environment.
2. Construction of hydropower plants is disturbing the ecological balance.
3. The combustion of fossil fuels causes acid rain, due to which plants, soil, and aquatic life get damaged.
4. The combustion of fossil fuels also increases the greenhouse gasses (carbon dioxide) which pollute air present in the atmosphere.
Steps for reducing energy consumption are given below:
1. Switch off all the electrical devices such as TV, lights and fans when not needed.
2. Energy-efficient electrical appliances should be used.
3. Solar cookers and pressure cookers should be used for cooking food.
4. Solar water heaters should be used.
5. Biogas should be encouraged as a cooking fuel in rural areas.
6. For covering short distances, the bicycle should be used so that precious fuels like petrol can be saved.
- What is Specific Energy Consumption in Electric Traction?
- What are different Units of Energy?
- What are the five main sources of electrical energy?
- What is Energy Spectral Density?
- What are the costs involved in generating electricity? (Cost of Electrical Energy)
- Types of Power Plants for Energy Generation
- Principle of Electromechanical Energy Conversion
- What is India’s position in the world as a producer of renewable or ‘Green’ energy? What is the future of renewable energy in India?
- What are some quick but significant laws you can suggest for women?
- What are the Different Types of Demand in Market?
- What would be the five possessions if you are asked to keep?
- What would you do if you were the Prime Minister of India?
- Generation of Electrical Energy and its Importance
- What are the reasons for the increasing rate of rapes in India?
- What type of husband do you suggest to your daughter?
- What are the advice you would like to give a newly married couple?