- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between OneDrive and MiMedia?
Let us understand the concepts of OneDrive and MiMedia before learning the differences between them.
OneDrive is a Microsoft cloud service which connects all your files. It helps us to store and protect our files, share them with others and we can access them from anywhere. It is a file hosting service available in 107 languages.
It was launched in 2007 by Microsoft as a web version of office. It offers 5GB of storage space for free and a paid version offers a space of 100 GB, 1 TB, and 6 TB available either separately or with Office 365 subscriptions.
The features of OneDrive are as follows −
Larger sized documents can be shared.
It has access control and permission management features.
It is a cost effective software and also reliable with content management.
Syncing your data files to your OneDrive app.
Resolved syncing issue.
Sharing files with others.
The advantages of OneDrive are as follows −
- One drive is an affordable service.
- It provides a large amount of storage for very less.
- Access with mobile and desktop which makes it very convenient.
- Remote Access and File sharing concept.
The disadvantages of OneDrive are as follows −
- Its integrations into other operating systems,
- Uploading file with larger size takes time.
- Document management is slightly difficult.
- Syncing issues can occur.
- User interface could be improved.
- OneDrive email app can focus more on spam filtering.
MiMedia is a new approach for online backup and storage services developed in 2010. It is an innovative way to securely store, protect, accessibility and share our digital data over the cloud.
It also provides online backup, on demand access to all stored files instantly. We can also watch our favourite videos, stream your music, view photo galleries and much more with any computer or mobile device.
The features of MiMedia are as follows −
- MiMedia shares files and folders,
- It can schedule backup
- We can access anytime and from anywhere
- Edit office document online
- Remote Access
- Desktop synchronous
- File protection
- Drag and drop support
The advantages of MiMedia are as follows −
- Interface usability
- Customer service
- Large free storage capacity
- Encryption options
- Organization features
The disadvantages of MiMedia are as follows −
- User interface is unfriendly
- There is no sync folder
- Advanced sharing options are not there
- No versioning system
- Trash bin is not available
- There is no client-side encryption
The major differences between OneDrive and MiMedia are as follows −
|OneDrive was launched by Microsoft in the year 2007.||MiMedia was owned by MiMedia LLC in 2010.|
|OneDrive offers 5 GB free storage space.||MiMedia offers 10 GB free storage space.|
|OneDrive provides file hosting service and cloud storage service.||MiMedia provides cloud storage and back up service.|
|OneDrive supports file versioning.||MiMedia does not support file versioning|
|The maximum file size of OneDrive is 100GB.||MiMedia maximum file size is 5GB|
|OneDrive is still in use.||MiMedia is still active.|
|The OneDrive offers a maximum capacity of 5TB.||MiMedia maximum storage capacity is 2TB|
|OneDrive supports remote uploading feature.||MiMedia does not support the remote uploading feature.|
|OneDrive is mostly used for business and professional usage.||MiMedia is mostly used for personal as well as professional usage.|
- Related Articles
- What are the differences between OneDrive and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and Wasabi?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and pCloud?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and Tresorit?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and TitanFile?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and SugarSync?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and Zetta?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and Wuala?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and BorgBase?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between Box and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between SecureSafe and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between CloudMe and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between TitanFile and MiMedia?