- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between MediaFire and Wuala?
Let us understand the concepts of MediaFire and Wuala before learning the differences between them.
MediaFire is a cloud storage service and file hosting service which became more popular as a platform for sharing large files. It was owned by MediaFire LLC in 2006. Actually, it has a reputation for having poor privacy which is difficult for it to overcome, and because of its limited capabilities it has been kept aside from the list of the best cloud storage services.
MediaFire is providing 10GB storage for free and up to 50 GB free with bonuses, we can store all our files, photos, audio and videos. It helps us to easily share large files through emails. It provides unlimited ad-supported downloads with no waiting times.
The features of MediaFire are as follows −
Instantly recover deleted files
Share and collaborate files
Easily share large files and folders
File sharing management
Cloud storage security
The advantages of MediaFire are as follows −
10GB free storage
Very large file size limit
More transfer speeds to and from MediaFire
Easy to use
Cost-effective consumption based-model
Very reliable and secure platform
The disadvantages of MediaFire are as follows −
No file encryption
Too many ads
Very few features
Poor customer support
Data consumption is more customizable
It is a secure online file storage, file synchronization, versioning and backup service provided by Caleido Inc and developed by Dominik Grolimund and Luzius Meisserin.
It was developed using Java, offered 5 GB free storage space and was launched in 2008. But in the year 2015, Wuala announced that they are discontinuing its service and all stored data would be deleted on 15 November 2015.
Wuala is a secure cloud storage service that enables users to store, encrypt, sync, backup, and access their files online.
The features of Wuala are as follows −
Keep files private
Share files with other registered and unregistered users
The advantages of Wuala are as follows −
More space is available in Wuala
The uploads automatically encrypted
Bandwidth can adjust
Supports mobile devices
The disadvantages of Wuala are as follows −
It will be slow at any time
It is an operating system dependent
It requires a separate program to work with files.
The major differences between MediaFire and Wuala are as follows −
|MediaFire was owned by MediaFire LLC in 2006.||Wuala is owned by Caleido Incorporation later by Seagate Technology in the year 2008.|
|MediaFire offers 10GB free storage space.||Wuala offers 5 GB free storage space.|
|MediaFire maximum storage size is 100TB.||The Maximum storage capacity is 2TB.|
|MediaFire maximum file size is 20 GB.||Wuala Maximum file size is 10.|
|MediaFire provides file synchronization service and File hosting service.||Wuala provides file hosting service, file synchronization service and cloud storage service.|
|MediaFire is still in use.||Wuala was suspended in the year 2015.|
|MediaFire supports file versioning.||Wuala also supported file versioning.|
|MediaFire offers free unlimited file storage with no sign up required.||In Wuala, sign up is mandatory.|
- What are the differences between MediaFire and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and Wasabi?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and Tresorit?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and TitanFile?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and pCloud?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and Zetta?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and SugarSync?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Wuala?
- What are the differences between Wuala and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between Wuala and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between TitanFile and Wuala?
- What are the differences between Tresorit and Wuala?