- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between CloudMe and Wuala?
Let us understand the concepts of CloudMe and Wuala before learning the differences between them.
It is a secure online file storage, file synchronization, versioning and backup service provided by Caleido Inc and developed by Dominik Grolimund and Luzius Meisserin.
It was developed using Java, offered 5 GB free storage space and was launched in 2008. But in the year 2015, Wuala announced that they are discontinuing its service and all stored data would be deleted on 15 November 2015.
Wuala is a secure cloud storage service that enables users to store, encrypt, sync, backup, and access their files online.
The features of Wuala are as follows −
Keep files private
Share files with other registered and unregistered users
The advantages of Wuala are as follows −
More space is available in Wuala
The uploads automatically encrypted
Bandwidth can adjust
Supports mobile devices
The disadvantages of Wuala are as follows −
It will be slow at any time
It is an operating system dependent
It requires a separate program to work with files.
It was launched in the year 2011 by CloudMe AB. It offers cloud storage, file synchronization and client software. It supports Microsoft Windows, Mac OS 10.4 and later, Linux, iOS, Android. It helps in management of your business files in a better way. You can easily save files and also share files, and collaborate better. It also ensures adequate data protection and data backup.
The features of CloudMe are as follows −
Collaboration and Social
The advantages of CloudMe are as follows −
We can easily download
It provides Music player with web applications
It support for the Android and the iOS
There are more sharing options
The disadvantages of CloudMe are as follows −
The data does not get encrypted with the server
Upload speed is very low.
Maximum storage limit of 500 GB based on the consumer plan
The major differences between CloudMe and Wuala are as follows −
|CloudMe was launched in the year 2011 by CloudMe AB.||Wuala is owned by Caleido Incorporation later by Seagate Technology in the year 2008.|
|CloudMe offers free storage space of 3 GB.||Wuala offers 5 GB free storage space.|
|CloudMe offers a maximum storage size of 500 GB.||The Maximum storage capacity is 2TB.|
|CloudMe provides file hosting, file synchronization and cloud storage service.||Wuala provides file hosting service, file synchronization service and cloud storage service.|
|CloudMe allows 150 MB maximum file size for free and unlimited for premium accounts.||Wuala Maximum file size is 10 GB.|
|CloudMe is still in use.||Wuala was suspended in the year 2015.|
|CloudMe rarely supports file versioning.||Wuala supports file versioning.|
|CloudMe allows a referral system.||Wuala initially had referral system but later it was suspended.|
- Related Articles
- What are the differences between Mega and Wuala?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and Wuala?
- What are the differences between iCloud and Wuala?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and Wuala?
- What are the differences between SecureSafe and Wuala?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and Wuala?
- What are the differences between Box and Wuala?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Wuala?
- What are the differences between Wuala and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between Wuala and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between TitanFile and Wuala?
- What are the differences between Tresorit and Wuala?
- What are the differences between Wuala and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between Jumpshare and Wuala?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and Wuala?