- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between BorgBase and MiMedia?
Let us understand the concepts of BorgBase and MiMedia before learning the differences between them.
It is a secure tool which is used for offsite backups and acts as a specialized hosting service for Borgbackup. It was launched in the year 2010 by Borge Collective. It can back up any sensitive data which the users can use and are then kept encrypted at all times. Users have the option of choosing the data centers between the EU and North America as the backup location of their sensitive data.
The features of BorgBase are as follows −
- Copy-paste commands
- Templates for Borg and Borg-backed clients.
- Supports a large community of developers.
- Monitoring services to notify services.
- Automated Storage.
- Efficiently transfer data.
- Secure Data Storage
- Incremental Backup
The advantages of BorgBase are as follows −
- It supports freelancer, small, medium and large businesses.
- Cloud Storage
- Automated Storage
- Compression Option
- Web Access
The disadvantages of BorgBase are as follows −
- It is not mobile compatible.
- Backup scheduling is not possible
- Remote access is not there
MiMedia is a new approach for online backup and storage services developed in 2010. It is an innovative way to securely store, protect, accessibility and share our digital data over the cloud.
It also provides online backup, on demand access to all stored files instantly. We can also watch our favourite videos, stream your music, view photo galleries and much more with any computer or mobile device.
The features of MiMedia are as follows −
- MiMedia shares files and folders,
- It can schedule backup
- We can access anytime and from anywhere
- Edit office document online
- Remote Access
- Desktop synchronous
- File protection
- Drag and drop support
The advantages of MiMedia are as follows −
- Interface usability
- Customer service
- Large free storage capacity
- Encryption options
- Organization features
The disadvantages of MiMedia are as follows −
- User interface is unfriendly
- There is no sync folder
- Advanced sharing options are not there
- No versioning system
- Trash bin is not available.
- There is no client-side encryption
The operating system support includes Windows, iPhone, iPad. With regards to security, rest file encryption, SSL secure data transfer, Encrypted storage, 256-bit Encryption is included.
The major differences between BorgBase and MiMedia are as follows −
|BorgBase was launched in the year 2010 by Borg collective.||It was launched by MiMedia LLC in 2010.|
|BorgBase offers 5 GB free storage space.||It offer 10 GB storage space for free|
|BorgBase provides unlimited maximum storage space.||The Maximum storage capacity in MiMedia is 2TB|
|BorgBase maximum file size is not restricted.||The maximum file size in MiMedia is 5GB.|
|BorgBase provides file hosting and cloud storage service.||MiMedia is cloud storage and provides backup service.|
|BorgBase is used to store all types of files||MiMedia used to store videos and images.|
|BorgBase has to be appended only to support.||MiMedia does not have to be appended, only support.|
|BorgBase does not support file versioning.||MiMedia is not supporting file versioning.|
- Related Articles
- What are the differences between Jumpshare and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between Mega and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between Box and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between SecureSafe and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between CloudMe and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between TitanFile and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between Tresorit and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between Wasabi and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between ShareFile and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between iCloud and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and SugarSync?