- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the advantages and disadvantages of online shopping?
Online stores do not have space constraints and a wide variety of products can be displayed on websites. It helps the analytical buyers to purchase a product after a good search.
The convenience of online shopping
Customers can purchase items from the comfort of their own homes or workplace. Shopping is made easier and convenient for the customer through the internet. It is also easy to cancel the transactions.
Why shop Online
- Saves time and efforts.
- The convenience of shopping at home.
- Wide variety/range of products are available.
- Good discounts / lower prices.
- Get detailed information about the product.
- We can compare various models/brands.
No pressure shopping
Generally, in physical stores, the sales representatives try to influence the buyers to buy the product. While in online shopping, you're free to do as you will.
Online shopping saves time
Customers do not have to stand in queues in cash counters to pay for the products that have been purchased by them. They can shop from their home or workplace and do not have to spend time travelling.
There is a wide range of products online. The sellers display all the stuff they've got. This enables the buyers to choose from a variety of models after comparing the finish, features, and price of the products on display.
The mall is open on 365 x 24 x 7. So, time does not act as a barrier, wherever the vendor and buyers are.
Online consumers can track the order status and delivery status tracking of shipping is also available.
Online shopping saves money
To attract customers to shop online, e-retailers and marketers offer discounts to the customers as they have cut down on real estate and maintenance cost the sellers won't back out in giving huge discounts.
Disadvantages of online shopping
Ease of use is the prime reason that drives the success of e-commerce. Though the internet provides a quick and easy way to purchase a product, some people prefer to use this technology only in a limited way. Some people also fear that they might get addicted to online shopping. The major disadvantages of online shopping are as follows.
Delay in delivery
Long duration and lack of proper inventory management result in delays in shipment. Though the duration of selecting, buying and paying for an online product may not take more than 15 minutes; the delivery of the product to customer’ s doorstep takes about 1-3 weeks.
Lack of significant discounts in online shops
Physical stores claim to give significant discounts when compared to online stores, this is a huge disadvantage for the older generation.
Missing the shopping experience
The traditional shopping exercise provides a lot of fun in the form of showroom atmosphere e, smart sales attendants, scent and sounds that cannot be experienced through a website. Indians generally enjoy shopping. Consumers look forward to it as an opportunity to go out and shop.
Frauds in online shopping
Sometimes, there is a disappearance of the shopping site itself. In addition to the above, the online payments are not much secured. The rate of cyber crimes has been increasing and customers’ credit card details and bank details have been misused which raise privacy issues.
- What are the disadvantages of online shopping?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Online tutoring sites?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of smartphones?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of mergers?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of acquisition?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Antivirus?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Li-Fi?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of data mining?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of operating systems?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Different OS?
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Mutual Funds?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of job costing?
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Regenerative Braking?
- Why are online shopping sites becoming mobile shopping apps?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of not marrying ever?