- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
We saw in this chapter that there are four main stakeholders when it comes to forests and wildlife. Which among these should have the authority to decide the management of forest produce? Why do you think so?
The four stakeholders helpful in the conservation of forests are
- Local people residing in nearby villages
- Industrialists running factories based on forest-produced raw materials
- Wildlife and nature activists
- Forest department.
Among all the stakeholders, the forest authority can decide the management of the forest produce. As the forest department caretakes the forest land and is responsible for damage caused to the forest, it can manage the forest produce.
The major industries based on forest produce are sports equipment manufacturing industries, timber-based industries, furniture-based industries, fruit-based industries, etc.
Advantages of management of forests and wildlife are as follows:
(i) Forest prevent soil erosion by holding the soil together, thereby preventing floods. Wildlife is very crucial for maintaining the ecological balance for supporting life.
(ii) Forest is a habitat for animals, birds, insects, and other creatures residing in the forest. Conserving wildlife preserves various kind of species and prevent them from extinction.
- What are the things one should keep in mind before going on an outing in forests and wildlife sanctuaries?
- What are some facts about forests in India which everyone should know?
- Among id, name, xpath and css, which locator should be used?
- What are the four main components and the roles of the UNIX OS?
- Which Indian dish should you try this week?
- Is it true that we should not add salt to curd?
- Why interfaces don't have static initialization block when it can have static methods alone in java?
- Why should the executive authority draw power from the legislature?
- When to use new operator in C++ and when it should not be used?
- Find the greatest value among four tables in MySQL?
- What is the Kuwait Investment Authority and what does it do?
- Among all 4 JDBC driver types, when to use which driver?
- Is it possible to update a CURSOR in which we have used JOIN on 2 tables ORDERS and TRANSACTIONS? Why or Why not? How can we proceed to UPDATE any of these tables?
- Find the time which is palindromic and comes after the given time in Python
- What are Random Forests?
- When should I use the keyword ‘this’ in a Java class?