- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The xylem in plants are responsible for
- transport of water.
- transport of amino acids.
- transport of food.
- transport of oxygen.
Correct Answer: (a) transport of water.
Xylem is the specialized tissue of vascular plants that transports water and nutrients from the plant-soil interface to stems and leaves and provides mechanical support and storage.
All the components of the xylem except the xylem parenchyma are dead, hence the xylem is non-living tissue. For this, the xylem elements need to form a narrow tube-like structure, so that water can rise in the tube through capillary action.
The xylem is of two types on the basis of origin, primary xylem, and secondary xylem.
- What are the elements of Transport Protocol?
- The Transport Layer of OSI Model
- What is the transport layer?
- Local Access and Transport Areas
- Connection Transport Protocols for MySQL
- What are the services provided by the transport layer?
- Accessing Source code of SAP Transport without using SAP system
- The Transport Layer in TCP/IP Model
- TCP and UDP in Transport Layer
- Multiplexing and Demultiplexing in Transport Layer
- What are the challenges faced by transport layer protocol?
- Restricting MySQL Connections to Secure Transport
- Describe the Transport Layer in the Computer Network
- What is Transport Layer Security (TLS) Handshake?
- What are services provided to transport layer by network layer?
- Difference between Dev and Pro while configuring Transport system in SAP