- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Talk to the senior biology teacher in your school or a neighbouring school. Find out if there are diseases which are passed on from parents to the offspring. Find out how these are carried and also if these diseases can be treated. For this you can also visit a doctor.
Genetic characteristics and traits are inherited through families in a particular pattern.
(i) Dominant genetic diseases: Caused by a mutation in one copy of a gene. If a parent has a dominant genetic disease, then there is a 50% chance of inheritance of the disease.
It occurs spontaneously during random mutation of one gene at conception.
Example: Achondroplasia and Huntington\'s disease.
(ii) Recessive genetic diseases: When both parents are carriers of the same recessive disease, then there is only a 25% chance that the pregnancy will inherit the trait from both parents and be affected with diseases.
(iii) Sex-linked genetic diseases: It is a gender-based disease. It relates to diseases related to gene mutations on the X or Y chromosomes.
Example: Hemophilia and color-blindness.
- What secrets are you hiding from your parents?
- Program to find GCD or HCF of two numbers using Middle School Procedure in C++
- What is the easy way to make friends in a new school?
- What are the best things to talk about on a first date?
- What are the responsibilities you have for your old parents?
- C++ Program to find out if there is a pattern in a grid
- Kelley School of Business – Importance, Salary & Overview
- How to find out which processes are using swap space in Linux?
- I want to teach in a school, without doing B.Ed. Will I be recruited?
- Are there any special foods to keep your eyes healthy?
- How to find out if your teenager is addicted to drugs?
- What will be the consequences if you hide some secrets from your parents?
- Has any school in the world ever tried to change the conventional way of educating students?
- What is the Kellogg School of Management and how does it work?
- How to find the indexes of minimum values in a vector if there are ties in R?
- Take care of your parents in old age or be ready to lose your salary.