- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Suppose there is one member of a particular kind of organism in a culture dish, which doubles itself in one hour through asexual reproduction. Work out the number of members of that kind of organism which will be present in the culture dish after ten hours. Such a colony of individuals arising from one parent is called a clone"."
Initial organism: 1
Doubling time, T: 1 hour
Time for culture, t: 10 hours
The number of organisms after time t is calculated using the formula:
N = No x 2(t/T)
N = 1 x 2(10/1)
N = 1024 organisms.
Thus, after 10 hours, 1024 clones will be present in a Petri dish.
In a process known as binary fission, bacteria proliferate by dividing into two daughter cells, which constitutes bacterial growth. If no event occurs, the daughter cells that result are genetically identical to the parent cell.
Consequently, bacterial proliferation ensues. Both daughter cells may not necessarily survive the division. However, if the average number of survivors surpasses one, the bacterial population grows exponentially.
Measurement of an exponential bacterial growth curve in batch culture was traditionally taught to all microbiologists; the basic method requires bacterial enumeration (cell counting) via direct and individual (microscopy, flow cytometry), direct and bulk (biomass), or indirect and individual (colony counting) or indirect and bulk (most likely number, turbidity, nutrient uptake) techniques.]
- What kind of jobs are there in the IT sector?
- Find length of longest subsequence of one string which is substring of another string in C++
- What is the best thing one can achieve through Human form of life?
- Which one is safer Sleep or Hibernate in Windows?
- Which one is important in life money or attitude?
- Which one is faster Array or List in Java
- Which one is better POW() or POWER() in MySQL?
- I feel inclined towards the writing style of only one author. Is it okay to have one particular favorite?
- How to refresh Singleton class every one hour in android?
- Which one is better in MySQL - NULL or empty string?
- Which one is more accurate in between time.clock() vs. time.time()?
- Which one is better Build, Rebuild, or Clean in C#?
- Which one is preferred between a large table or multiple small tables in MySQL?
- What is the scope of a public member variable of a class in C#?
- What is the scope of a private member variable of a class in C#?
- What is the scope of a protected member variable of a class in C#?