- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
State the main difference between asexual and sexual reproduction.
The differences between the asexual and sexual methods of reproduction are:
|Asexual Reproduction||Sexual Reproduction|
|In asexual reproduction, the offspring arises from a single type of parent.||In sexual reproduction, the offspring arises from two different sexes of parents or involves two different types of gametes.|
|Asexual organisms grow faster, that is, they have a faster population growth rate.||Sexually reproducing organisms grow slower.|
|Asexual reproduction doesn't take a lot of time because the cell only divides once and there is no need for a partner.||It takes a long time to reproduce sexually as to find a partner and the cell has to divide twice.|
|Mitosis is the process by which asexual organisms divide their cells. When a single diploid cell divides once, it makes two new diploid cells.||In sexual reproduction, cells divide through a process called meiosis. It makes four haploid cells from one diploid cell that has split twice.|
|In asexual reproduction, random genetic mutations can cause very small amounts of change to happen during mitosis.||During meiosis and fertilization, which are two parts of sexual reproduction, a lot of variation is introduced.|
|Example: Amoeba, Hydra, Planaria, Spirogyra, etc.||Example: Dog, Tiger, Human being, etc.|
- State the difference between NBFC and Bank.
- State the difference between NSE and BSE.
- State the difference between file systems and DBMS?
- Difference between void main and int main in C/C++
- State the difference between capital reserve and revenue reserve.
- Difference between Fusion Welding and Solid State Welding
- State the difference between memcmp and memicmp functions in C language
- What is the main difference between int.Parse() and Convert.ToInt32 in C#?
- State the differences between TDD and BDD.
- State the differences between copyright and patent
- Differentiate between 5 state and 7 state process models.
- Difference between “int main()” and “int main(void)” in C/C++?
- State the difference between structure and union with suitable example in C language
- C/C++ difference's between "int main()" and "int main(void)"