- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Show that in a right angled triangle, the hypotenuse is the longest side.
We have to show that in a right-angled triangle, the hypotenuse is the longest side.
Let us consider $ABC$ a right-angled triangle
We know that the sum of the interior angles of the triangle is always $180^o$.
$\angle A+\angle B+\angle C=180^o$
$90^o+\angle B+\angle C=180^o$
$\angle B+\angle C=180^o-90^o$
$\angle B+\angle C=90^o$
Now, we have
$\angle B+\angle C=\angle A=90^o$
From this, it is clear that $\angle A$ is the largest angle.
We know that the side opposite the largest angle is the longest side.
$AB$ is the longest side.
$AB$ is the hypotenuse of the $\triangle ABC$ and is the longest side of $\triangle ABC$.
- Find the hypotenuse of a right angled triangle with given two sides in C++
- Find the Number of Possible Pairs of Hypotenuse and Area to Form Right Angled Triangle using C++
- Find the dimensions of Right angled triangle in C++
- Area of Circumcircle of a Right Angled Triangle?
- Given the “legs” of a right triangle, return its hypotenuse in Python
- Area of Incircle of a Right Angled Triangle in C Program?
- Area of Circumcircle of a Right Angled Triangle in C Program?
- Check whether right angled triangle is valid or not for large sides in Python
- Check if right triangle possible from given area and hypotenuse in Python
- Python program to find angle between mid-point and base of a right angled triangle
- Python Pandas - Check if the interval is open on the right side
- Python Pandas - Check whether the interval is closed on the left-side, right-side, both or neither
- Python Pandas - Check if an Interval is closed on the right side
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle within a Square which is inscribed within a Right angle Triangle?
- How to move the Y-axis ticks from the left side of the plot to the right side in matplotlib?