- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Pratyush took sulphur powder on a spatula and heated it. He collected the gas evolved by inverting a test tube over it, as shown in the figure.
(a) What will be the action of gas on
(i) dry litmus paper?
(ii) moist litmus paper?
Write a balanced chemical equation for the reaction taking place.
(i) Dry litmus paper – no action.
(ii) Moist litmus paper – becomes red.
Litmus is a natural indicator. A natural Indicator is a type of indicator that can be found naturally and can help us to know whether the material tested is an acidic substance or a basic substance. It is obtained from lichens. The process of obtaining a litmus solution needs the crushing and grinding of lichens.
Some examples of natural indicators other than litmus are: red cabbage, turmeric, turnip skin, curry powder, etc.
It is used to test materials for acidity and basicity. This solution can also be used to differentiate between acids and bases. When acid is added to a litmus solution, it changes to red. When a base is added, it changes to blue. Neutral litmus paper is purple in colour.
- What is a psychometric test? When is it conducted?
- Role of IT Professional as a Strategic Resource
- Extract gender values as a string when it is stored in the table as a Boolean in MySQL
- Split a string and insert it as individual values into a MySQL table?
- How to create a file, write data into it and read data from it on iOS?
- C program for DFA accepting all strings over w ∈(a,b)* containing “aba” as a substring
- What is ghostwriting and what are the job prospects if I embrace it as a career?
- Add a new column and set values in it on the basis of conditions in MySQL?
- Get the value from a Tkinter scale and put it into a Label
- MongoDB query to add a new field and concatenate the price result divided by a specific number in it
- Is it possible to hack a phone by Texting?
- Is it healthy to go with over-the-counter medicines?
- Matplotlib figure to image as a numpy array
- Inverting and Non-Inverting Operational Amplifiers
- How to write text and output it as a text file using R?
- How to close a Android notification after the user is clicking on it?